Does anyone ever feel antsy?

Every now and then, I feel like I just can not sit still. I get this antsy, creepy-crawly feeling all over. When it happens, I can't sleep, I can't sit down, and I can't deal with people talking to me. I have taken zanax in the past, and it does help, but I was wondering if anyone else feels this way sometimes and how you deal with it.

acollins09

Asked by acollins09 at 5:46 AM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• All the time I can't concentrate I kind of feel like I am having a weird out of body experience. Sometimes it is productive and I can clean clean clean, other times it is so bad I can't do anything but feel like a nut.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 5:48 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I'm at the feeling like a nut stage right now.
    acollins09

Answer by acollins09 at 5:53 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• What I usually do when I get to the nut stage is take a hot bath, read a book drink a cold drink while in the bath, then lay of the sofa or in bed and read while drinking hot tea a relaxing kind. It can usually bring me out of being a nut because that is the worst feeling ever.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 5:55 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Have you talked to your doctor about this? It sounds like you have something like restless leg syndrom. If your doctor doesn't have the answers you are looking for go to a different doctor. I have RLS. I know that I always feel like I have bugs crawling on me or I get twitchy. my body will just start twitching for no reason at all. yes, it is very hard to sit still or even to sleep when this happens. I hope that this will help you in some way. If you would like to talk about this further don't hesitate to stop and say hi..
    Tracihoney

Answer by Tracihoney at 8:07 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I have sleep apnea, but not RLS. It's not so much a twitchy feeling. I haven't been to see my doctor about this exact issue, but after hearing about it because my husband called my GYN, my GYN prescribed xanax for me, but I ran out and haven't been back to the GYN to talk about getting more since. I suppose I could describe the feeling better by saying that it's similar to the feeling that you get when you are hyper-caffinated. The problem with me is that I only have 1-2 cafinated beverages a day, and never after 12.
    acollins09

Answer by acollins09 at 8:16 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Yep! Been there! I clean and clean and clean when I get that way.
    MSugarKane

Answer by MSugarKane at 8:38 AM on Jan. 10, 2010