Ugh..AM I WRONG??

My SO and i live together, and i am a text-aholic. I have a friend in the same work field as me, and we used to be really good friends, but he got married and moved and its once in a bloon moon i talk to him. But we text. I am also friends with my ex, who i work with, and my new SO, who also works with me and the ex, doesn like that i text him, or either of them. He says i text too much, and he doesnt like that i feel the need to talk to them at all. It is purely innocent, and all we do is text, we dont hang out (my guy friends and i), but hes becoming very bothered by it. He actually left me in the middle of the night last night. He came back, but wont sleep next to me or talk to me...i dunno what to do? is he right? or can i still talk to my friends? what to do???

soldiermom1986

Asked by soldiermom1986 at 8:44 AM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• ugh! I hate the "am I wrong" questions, no one is ever truly right or wrong in situations like this.

do I think he should have gotten so upset? probably not.
    do I think you should be texting an ex instead of talking to your SO? not really.

try talking to your SO instead of texting the ex.

If it were just a male friend and not an ex, I bet he would have less of a problem, but ex's generally lead to problems and your SO probably is having insecurity issues with this situation.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:47 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• how wud u feel if the shoe was on the other foot? no i think u should NOT text other men
    BellaDiamond

Answer by BellaDiamond at 8:48 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• i will be honest with you , i believe you are in the wrong. there is a reason that ur ex is ur ex. and ur so has every right to be upset with you. how would you feel if hew was sitting there textin away day and night to his ex????? its one thing that u work with him, so u get to see him al the time, and if the text is not work related, than i really do not see why you need to be talking to him so much. try instead of talking up a storm to other men, try speaking more to the man in your life at this time.
    indysownlilbit

Answer by indysownlilbit at 9:01 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Probably if he is pointing this out to you he feels left out and wants your attention.
    MSugarKane

Answer by MSugarKane at 9:06 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I think it's normal for someone to not be okay with their SO talking to their ex. The guy friend at work should lay off as well. There's no reason you should be texting other men day and night while your SO is right there. He's obviously hurt and upset by this, I suggest taking his feelings into consideration and keep the communication with the other dudes strictly professional if you want to save your relationship. Good luck.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 9:15 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Try to picture yourself on the other side, how would you feel if he was texting his ex, and or friend that was a girl, I wouldn't like it too much.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 9:44 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Why do you feel the need to text this other person?? there is no REAL purpose for it.. so you probably shouldn't be doing it.. Sorry, but You're wrong!
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 10:02 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• i dont think its right to talk to ur exes either, would u care if he still talked to his exes all the time? sounds to me u dont want to let go. if u love this guy leave ur exes alone.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 11:30 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• It sounds like your SO would like more you time. Time to lay down the phone and give him the time he needs. It sounds like he is feeling a bit insecure in the relationship, and that since you already work with the ex your SO would like to have home time be you and he time. I think I would have to tell you that you should leave the texting of the ex and the other guy alone for a while. Spend your time on your new SO. You have to ask yourself how you would feel if he were sitting next to you and you weren't texting these other guys but he was spending his time texting another woman and his ex. Ask yourself if this is an appropriate way to show your affection to your new SO. You need to take his feelings and concerns in if you would like for this to work.
    AWomansMind

Answer by AWomansMind at 11:29 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• If he doesn't like it, you shouldn't do it. Or, break up with him. It sounds like a sitation where you can't have both.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:56 AM on Jan. 11, 2010