I have a bag of frozen zucchini slices....

I need some recipe ideas. I am truly domestically challenged. What can I do with these frozen zucchini slices? we got them from a Christmas party and they gave everyone 2 bags of "Angel food". I also have a bag of frozen broccoli, and frozen cauliflower.
I also have some frozen skinless chicken breasts....Any recipe ideas? I don;'t have a ton of spices since my cooking mainly knows 2 moves,"Shake and Bake".

Starfire73

Asked by Starfire73 at 8:52 AM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I have tons of recipes that you can use these in. For example: zucchini and cheese enchiladas, minestrone soup, Greek-style stew, etc.

You can throw it in chili, marinara, put it on pizza, use it in a stir-fry. and so on.

Send me a message offlist if you are interested in any recipes

Answer by rkoloms at 8:59 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• For the zucchini - go to 5dollardinners.com - she very recently posted a chicken stew recipe that used frozen zucchini. For the chicken, broccoli, and cauliflower: Thaw the chicken partially, and cut it into chunks, or thaw completely and leave whole. In a frying pan, pour a little olive oil, put in the chicken, and season with anything - I usually leave it plain. Cook til done. Throw it in a 9x13 greased casserole, mix in the veggies, pour a can of cream of anything soup over, and mix in some shredded cheese (cheddar, co-jack, chedd-jack, almost anything works). Mix, cover with foil, and bake at 350 for about an hour. While it's baking, cook up some pasta or rice, or even biscuits (Grands or from a mix, whatever) - any starch works. To serve, plate your starch and put some of the chicken mixture over it, and yumm-o! You can also pour a biscuit topping over the chicken & veggies for pot pie, but bake uncovered.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• wow I'm seeing a great pot of veg soup!

Answer by admckenzie at 3:31 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Roast them. Brush some oil to coat the pan. Dump all 3 veggies (still frozen) into a big bowl and toss them with a few tablespoons of olive oil. Season them however you want, but just salt and pepper will do. Put them in the oven at 375 and start checking after a half hour. You could put the chicken in with them, too, but it will take longer to cook - season the chicken and just put it all in the same pan. The veggies won't get quite as crispy as they would fresh, but they still come out better than microwaved or boiled.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:32 PM on Jan. 10, 2010