'Date' with one of husband's co-workers

Is it wrong that I have a 'date' tonight with one of my husband's co-workers? He's single (fiancee dumped him a year ago) and just bought his own house. However, he doesn't know how to cook. Mommy has cooked all of his meals but he is only 24 (I think). So I was going to go over tonight to give him a cookbook and teach him how to cook something.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• Unless you're bringing hubby along, or unless he's 110% okay with it, it's inappropriate IMO. It just depends on how your relationship with your hubby is. I know my hubby wouldn't be okay with it unless he was there, and visa versa.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 9:06 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• uh yea i think that that is just a weird situation looking at it from your hubby view. if u do not intend to be with this person than let a woman tht will be interested in being with him and eating meals with him teach him how to cook.
    indysownlilbit

Answer by indysownlilbit at 9:07 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• How about you have your husband ask his friend over for dinner. While you are cooking dinner, you can show him a few tips on how to cook. This way you are not leaving hubby out and you can still teach his friend how to cook.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:11 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Yea thats wrong. You should just invite HIM over to dinner with you AND your husband.. going to house to "show" him how to cook is crazy.. he can read cant he? buy him a cook book.
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 10:00 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• ALSO.. just the fact that YOU are calling it a date.. screams "RED FLAG!"
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 10:27 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• OMGosh. Be careful. Sounds like trouble..........
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 11:20 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• You ladies are funny. I joke with his coworkers all the time. Him and I are calling it a 'date' because that is how our friendship is. And hubby actually is coming, but I love how you all jumped to conclusions and figured he wasn't. And we would invite him here but our apartment sucks since we can't afford a house.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• You failed to tell us those details on purpose or what? of course we are going to think those things.. its all insane to me and this is starting to sound FAKE.
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 11:46 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• No, really happening tonight. I was just bored and wondered what conclusions women would jump to. And I didn't leave out any details. You just assumed.
    Anonymous

• Well leaving out that your husband was going is misleading, but since he is, then have fun. :)
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:55 AM on Jan. 11, 2010