Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


my ex-husband filed bankruptcy. (ch. 13)I still had a creditcard with his name on it. When he filed bankruptcy the card was included. Can the creditcard co. still come after me for the remaining upaid amount?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Money & Work

Answers (3)
  • I'd love to tell you that they can't, but there's a good chance they'll try. If that happens, consult your bankruptcy lawyer immediately - he's supposed to take care of that for you. Best of luck.

    Answer by GoodMomma24-7 at 10:08 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

  • the thing is I didnt file and I have no plans to file.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

  • If your name were on those credit cards then I think they can.


    Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.