Is it ok to spank your kids

Um i just want to know because my kids were acting up the other day , And i didnt spank them , I just yelled At them , I wont hit my children eless I know its ok ! :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Either you want to teach your child that hitting is a way to solve problems, or you don't.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:16 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Yelling is just as bad a spanking. Uour kids are older and you are asking this now. If you have not spanked them yet why start.

Answer by louise2 at 10:20 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Thats up to you.. I am personally OK with spanking children.. how old are your kids tho? i believe after a certain age spanking is pretty silly and i saw you posted this in tweens?
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 10:30 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Yelling is never going to solve anything with kids or anyone for that matter. I am not judging you. We have all slipped up and lost out cool and yelled from time to time but it really doesn't help the situation. Spanking is really a personal choice in my opinion. But you do have to be careful with it because you can so easily lose your cool and cross the line with spanking. This is such an touchy subject. Everyone has an opinion on it. You have to do what feels right to you as a parent.
    Court128

Answer by Court128 at 11:56 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Your kids are old enough to talk to about what is acceptable behavior and what isn't. They do NOT need to be spanked at this age. Take away priveleges, electronics, etc. But you do not need to spank, at this age it is embarrassing.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:10 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• yes I think it is ok to spank... but not at this age. I reserve spanking to get a qucik responce from a toddler who is doing something dangerous. Not from an older child who I can reason with.
    Anonymous

• Ya, bust their ass! I haven't had to spank my son in a long time, but hey, if he's being THAT BAD, ya he gets spanked!! I don't care how old he is!!!
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 12:45 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I would whoop his ass if he's out of line. I believe spanking starts when they are toddlers because it will show them that you will do it. I haven't had to spank my son in soooo long. But, he knows I still will if necessary.
    As far as spanking teaching a child it's okay to hit. That is a load of bull..... my son has never hit anyone. My children know what is acceptable behavior and what is not.
    Always remember, ANY form of discipline must be tempered with love AND communication. NEVER EVER EVER spank a child when you're angry tho'.
    Good luck.
    huny9701

Answer by huny9701 at 11:04 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Yes, spanking is alright as long as you do not go over board. I have only had to spank my child twice. She knows when I am angry when I get the wooden spoon out. One whack on the counter top usually gets her attention and her apology.

Remember that the Bible says, "spare the rod, spoil the child."
    sonnalynn

Answer by sonnalynn at 12:54 AM on Jan. 12, 2010