Is it OK to have one Dr. Pepper every morning while trying lose weight if I eat good the rest of the day?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• No. It is empty calories. High fructose corn syrup raises cholesterol levels. The sodium retains water.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:26 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• ideally, it's not good for you
    BUT if you like it, one a day is not going make a huge impact in your weight loss.
    It is better to moderately indulge in your favorites while dieting instead of depriving yourself and then getting frustrated when you really want something you "shouldn't have" or "can't have"

so have your 1 Dr. Pepper a day!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I wouldn't recomend it.. if you have to have one.. try a diet.. there is no high fructose corn syrup in diet... High fructose is the hardest thing for a body to get rid of.. its fake sugar that the body doesnt know how to break down so it turns it into fat. Usually heavy soda drinkers, just giving up soda will drop weight pretty fast if you are very overweight..
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 10:31 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I heard on the news that one soda (non diet) per day over the course of a year can add 10 lbs by the end of the year...
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 10:36 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• It really really is better not to have soda every day (even one) if you're trying to lose weight. It's pur empty calories and sugar. I love my soda but I completely stopped keeping it in the house after I got pregnant. It was hard at first but now I don't miss it that much. I have one every once in a while as a treat and it tastes that much better because I don't drink them every day. I know it's not quite the same but sparkling flavored water was good for me when I just craved something carbonated.
    Court128

Answer by Court128 at 11:48 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• no its not. you should set aside one day of the week where you can have ONE Dr pepper...the rest of the time you should stick to healthy eating.
    Anonymous

• Why would you want to?

I would say its best to stop drinking that rubbish.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 7:20 PM on Jan. 10, 2010