Do you ever see someone who looks trashy and wonder what happened in their life to get them to that point?

ie have they always been like that? or did something happen & they just stopped wonder what others thought?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes. I love to wonder about people, both trashy and not. Everyone has a story. I want to know them all.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:38 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I think with some of the people who look trashy, they are brought up a certain way. It's like a cycle, and they didn't ever learn anything better. But some I do wonder about, and I have met some interesting people. Life stories are a crazy thing...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I don't think one should judge others because they look "trashy". I have had some really good friends who may not dress in the latest designer clothes or who may drive beat up cars. I drive a van with a dent in the side and rust and scratches all over the paint , but I don't care what people think of what I drive or what I wear. Clearly those individuals who label others have a problem with their own self-esteem and therefore judge others to make themselves feel better. People who label others based on their looks, clothes, religions, sexual preference, or color of their skin should look in their own mirrors. Nobody is "perfect" and just because what they wear on the outside doesn't "mesh" with someone's tastes, doesn't give one the right to label them as Trash.

CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 10:52 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Agreed cinderamethyst.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:53 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I saw this woman I used to go to school with in the newspaper because she was wanted for drug dealing and she was skinny, looked like and old hag and had no teeth- clearly a meth addict. I kept picturing the girl I went to school with and wondering how in the world she got to where she is now. It's sad...
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 10:55 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• nope
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 11:04 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• drugs and the wrong circle of friends and yes family. Family has a lot to do with it. If your mom wants to be your best friend and drink and hang out what do you expect???You know that you have to set boundaries and when drugs get put into the mix, it is downnhill from there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Who cares, not my business, I dress nice, and I try to keep myself up on the latest fashions, but I cannot worry about other people and why they refuse to take care of themselves, not my problem, we have bigger problems in the world right now.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 11:09 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

Keeping up with fashion is how you define taking care of yourself????
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• i'd ditto pnukey..i always wonder about people. i'm a great people-watcher, and love making up stories..who knows how close to the truth i may be? its not a judgement call, but more of how far will my imagination take me? certainly, you see someone's clothing/home/car/etc before you really see them..sometimes you can see real hurt and sadness in their face, whether its from a hard life of drugs/lifestyle or just because! a person's countenance tells a lot more than what they have on their backs or what they drive. likewise, you can see happiness and peace that may counter their initial appearance. not all who have are happy, and not all who have not are unhappy.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 11:14 AM on Jan. 10, 2010