Can you please give me some advice? He is the sweetest guy but...

He doesn't live here, he lives 4 hours away. I do like him but our friendship is only through text messaging. He keeps telling me he wants me & my son to move down there but I can't just move. I have a great job, I have been renting my house for 7 years & all of my family lives here... we are very close. He has a daughter that lives 4 hours away from him the other direction that he goes & sees on the weekend. He brings up visiting. Our friendship started out with joking, about where I live burning down so I would have to move or me dreaming about it because that is all we can have "our dream". Now when I bring that up, he puts sad faces or says that he doesn't want my home town to burn down, he is just hoping that I fall for him or take a chance. I don't know what to say anymore. I don't know whether he is being serious or joking around to see what I will say & I don't want to give the wrong impression by playing into it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• i took a chanec and i live in an other state from all my family. i think u should visit him and talk about it, i think that if u think u will be happy with him,go for it.. mabe take a 2 week vacation and go stay with him
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 11:20 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I agree u might be passing up on a good man.
    officerdouglas

Answer by officerdouglas at 11:29 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• i agree take a vacation and go play house and see how he is with you and son living in his space then decide
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 11:38 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Agreed. Start slow and work up to something more significant. You don't even know if he's real. There are so many predators out there who lure women in to their world and take them for everything and then leave them with nothing. I've had more than a half a dozen acquaintances that has happened to. They all claimed "he's different". Check him out. You can do criminal checks for free through his county courthouse web site. Check with www.womansavers.com and www.dontdatehimgirl.com and make sure he's not on there. Please be safe. Your life or your children's welfare could count on it.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:58 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• OP HERE - I used to go to school with him about 8 years ago so I know he's for real but it wouldn't hurt to check him out and I wish I would have done that with my exes. I think the vacation and working up to something more significant is great advice. I will just with the flow for now. Thank you ladies.
    Anonymous