How can I help my 20 month old improve his balance?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my kids are clumsier when they wear shoes, so around the house they go barefoot

if you feel his balance is a real issue, check with his doctor, it may be an inner ear problem that needs medical attention.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I'll have to get back to you, but my MIL works with this stuff and there's some sort of insert she puts in the shoes that helps tremendously. I agree with the other poster. Inside never have shoes on. At 20 months my son was still pretty clumsy. He's just a month past two now and we still have the occasional trip over invisible wires. Give him a few months and see if he improves. If he doesn't, talk to his doctor about it. I'll ask MIL if there's a specific brand for those inserts though.
    flitpixie

Answer by flitpixie at 11:58 AM on Jan. 10, 2010