I need some opinions please regarding school districts in central oklahoma.

We live in OKC right now, but desperately want our 5yr old daughter in a better school. What are your opinions of Moore, Mustang, Yukon, El Reno, Edmond, & Midwest City school districts? There are many reasons we need to change schools but we are also concerned about pulling her out in the middle of year. There are alot more details so feel free to ask. Thank you for your help!

Lace186

Asked by Lace186 at 11:26 AM on Jan. 10, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• We've only been in Oklahoma for about 18 months. My kids go to school in Norman. I've heard from other moms that it's a really good district. I just know Moore, Mustang, and Yukon are extremely small districts, so if you don't like a school situation you can't really transfer to another school. I suggest you visit each district's web site to get a good idea of what it is like in each one. Good luck. Also, at 5 years old, she will be fine with the transfer. They're very resilient at that age.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:18 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Have you looked for a local group here on CafeMom for your area? I would suggest also posting this there too. You can Find a group by mousing over the 'Groups' tab and selecting 'Find Groups'.

Good luck.
    Cafe Jenn

Answer by Cafe Jenn at 2:05 PM on Jan. 11, 2010