Is there still hope?

well I am only about 4 weeks pregnant and I have been bleeding for a week. I talked to my doctor and went in for blood work and everything has come back "fine". My doctor said that bleeding in early pregancy can occur and that I could even bleed straight through the fisrt month or 2. Then last night, I had a clot pass. Ever since then I have what seems to be a "period" with no real "cramping" just heavy bleeding, and with clots. My instinct is that it is a miscarrage but my doctor isnt available on weekends. Do I need to go to the er or should I wait it out until tomorrow? I am just so worried and I was just wondering if there is any hope??? Did any of you ever have bleeding with clots and still had a healthy baby or did the pregnancy end?

Jen110786

Asked by Jen110786 at 11:38 AM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Go to the ER and have it checked.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Your ob should be at least available with a phone call from the e r staff. I'm sorry for what's happening. I think 1041anon is right with what she said. In the e r you should be checked by an o b on e r duty then or on call for the e r.

But you must be mistaken that you ob doesn't have weekend hours - maybe not for office visits for appontments like during the week but pregnant women delivery babies early, on time, and have troubles in pregnancy - babies come when they're ready no matter the length of pregnancy. Your ob has to have coverage himself or with other obs for after hour care. Do not feel guilty calling his service and saying this is an emergency that you're going to e r.

Then the e r's staff can call him if necessary or use an e r obstetrician for consultation in person for you.

Prayers for you.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 12:01 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I had that with my first but I also had really bad cramping. I went to the ER and was miscarring. I hope all is well.
    Anonymous

• sounds like a misscarriage to me, sorry. BUT i thought i was having a missacarriage with my second baby, turns out it was one of the twins. i had only misscarried one of the babies. the other came out fine. soooo maybe there is hope.
    id go to the ER tho.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 12:14 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• If it were me, I would go to the ER. They can check your cervix and possibly do an ultrasound. I had some of the same things happening, went to the ER and was excited that my cervix was closed... but had to go back the next day for an US to find out that I had miscarried.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 12:16 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• im sorry but it does sound like a m/c i had one last year and i had a clot and i was bleeding the dr at the er said everything looks fine and that the baby had a heartbeat i went in to a differnet hospital cause i switch drs was only 2 weeks later and i call her dr office and told what happen two weeks ago and im spotting pink and i feel something wasnt right went in and i seen that baby on pictures they took and then the dr came in shortly after and said that the babys heart stop and been dead for about a week and said if i start to bleed more or cramp i have to return to the err and i was going to see the dr monday i m/c that sunday

i dont know if you felt like this at all i felt like i had to go to the bathroom and i would go and nothing this was about 30 mins and i keep walking back to the bathroom and the living room

good luck and im sorry
    Anonymous

• it's possible that there's still hope, not if you are miscarrying though. there's nothing they can do at that point. i wouldn't go to the er unless the cramps and bleeding get serious bc like i said there is NOTHING they can do. if you are bleeding really bad they can give you something for that so you wont lose too much blood. this doesn't happen too often though.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 2:54 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• please keep us updated, I'm praying for you. Hope everything is ok.
    Anonymous