Medication quesiton

I had jaw surgery Dec 2nd and then they started moving back so I had to get another procedure done last Monday and I had to be sedated. Well, I've been taking Vicodin and Ibprofen and Amoxicillan. Well just this past week, I have felt like I may be pregnant. I'm also late for my period. I haven't taken Vicodin for 2 days now. But Ibprofen is the only thing that will help my jaw not hurt so bad. Ive been trying NOT to take it, but it huuurts. I know all of these things are bad for you during pregnancy. I'm REALLY hoping I don't hurt the baby. What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Ibuprofen, while not recommend during pregnancy is actually OK until the 3rd trimester, that's when it would do damage to the baby.

you're fine.

switch to tylenol instead though if you are worried.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Alright thank you. I probably should have researched this before posting because I just read that amoxicillin is perfectly fine during pregnancy and also vicodin is okay too. I'm trying my hardest not to take it. Ibprofen helps with the swelling and Tylenol doesn't do much. But I'm trying not to rely on it...unless the pain just gets unbearable.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Vicodin is not harmful, but the ibprophine is. Switch to tylenol for that, but call the dr and ask what you can take in the lines of anti-inflammatory in place of the ibprophine. But the Vicodin is not harmful as long as you only take as directed.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 12:12 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• If you're in a ton of pain, take the vicodin. It's fine. For aches, take tylenol. The Amoxicillin is also okay, so you'll be fine.
    Anonymous

• Take the meds on schedule. If you let the pain get too bad too often, it'll take longer to heal. If you keep up on your pain meds and keep the pain down, you'll heal faster - trust me, I've had a lot of medical procedures done and taken a lot of pain meds, and even if you might be pregnant (actually, especially since you're pregnant) it's best to keep your pain under control instead of trying to get it down when it gets too high.
    Anonymous

• first you should find out if you actually are pregnant.. that might help...
    Anonymous