Can you Become Best Friends With your EX?

HisPhatGurl757

Asked by HisPhatGurl757 at 11:51 AM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• Idk, I think it's possible. I mean, there was something about him that was good that drew you in the first place. If you keep the love and sex out of it, then there is just the friendship and common interests.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:47 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• can you? maybe.. should you? NO
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 11:52 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Can I? no way, we can't even talk. I'd like to at least be friends, but I don't even think we live on the same planet. I know some people can do it, it's possible.
    camiam81

Answer by camiam81 at 11:53 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Possible but not probable. I know I can't.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:54 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• He is your ex for a reason and only you know that reason so I guess it would depend on that. I tried this once and it ended really bad.
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 11:57 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I would love nothing more than to be good friends with my ex. However, he cannot be trusted. I just ask him to be honest with me, but instead he makes up this outrageous stories that i'm suppose to believe til i find out the truth eventually. he cut my visitation short, told me they were going to disneyland, truth was he was spending time with HER family and she wanted MY kids there. crazy huh?? my son actually told me they weren't going to disney. so yeah, no chance here.

It would be nice to be able to get to know his wife, and get together once in a while with the kids to do something as a family.(him, me and the kids)without any animosity, but that will never happen in this lifetime. I know of exes that do stuff together as families without any of their spouses getting jealous, it is just family time with both parents so the children know that even though daddy and mommy no longer live together they can still be friends
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 11:58 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• No he would always be trying to get back in my pants. So no.
    Anonymous

• Yes. My ex and I were best friends who should have only been best friends. We are both happily married to other people and our spouses are fine with our friendship. We actually get together my ex and my husband are now best friends. I love my ex's wife she is a doll and a great stepmom to my kids. You don't have to be friends but parents who have children together owe it to their kids to get along.
    Anonymous

• If your ex is someone that you have children with, then for your children's sake you should make every attempt to be friends with this person so it is not nearly as hard on them. If you don't have kid's with your ex then you would have to think about the effect being friends with them would have on your other relationships. I would be very uncomfortable if my husband was still friends with any of his ex's (being freinds is different than being friendly or nice to someone-friends talk often and hang out on occasion) I am not friends with any of my ex's but if I run into one of them I am friendly and exchange small conversation about how either of us is doing these days, but thats about all.
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 12:50 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I'm not BEST friends with mine, but we are good friends. We dated for 16 months. He doesn't have many friends, so he probably considers me as one of HIS best friends. I am also even better friends with his now wife :) If the old feelings no longer exist it should not be a problem...If you have a good marriage it should not be a problem.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 1:08 PM on Jan. 10, 2010