What would you think if your husband asked you for a paternity test?

8 months prego and he wants a paternity test when she's born. We've never had an issue with infidelity and he never has suspected me of cheating. I don't even know what to think.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• I would get one.. THEN LEAVE HIM.. he obviously doesnt trust me..
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 11:52 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I think I would be contacting an attorney and leaving his butt real soon. You seriously don't need his drama in your life. What the heck... Is he trying to get out of his responsibilities or is his girlfriend giving him advice???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• wow, that's odd...I don't understand why he wants one. Maybe he's the one cheating and he just assumes you are too.

CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 11:53 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• In your situation, I would be highly insulted if there have never been issues of infidelity. Obviously he doesn't trust you...
    In my situation, I would LAUGH!!! As would ANY court in the land once they took one look at our son and my husband!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 11:55 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I would be pissed. I would do the test just prove what a jerk he is.
    RaeLynn1221

Answer by RaeLynn1221 at 11:58 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I would wonder if : 1. He's cheating on me so he assumes I cheated on him 2. He has someone else and is thinking of leaving me for her, but not if the child is his, and he's hoping it's not
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I would give him one.
    officerdouglas

Answer by officerdouglas at 12:00 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I'd tell him he's an idiot. He could have had it done when the child was born without telling you. If it were my husband I'd be telling him to start saving bc those tests are not cheap and if that's how he wants to spend $500 (instead of a wide screen tv) then so be it. I listened to years of my x telling me our 3 kids were not his. I got fed up and told him to pay up for the test for all three or shut up. He shut up especially since they all look just like him! Lots of men are convinced they can't have children and when their wife gets pregnant it's another man or another Immaculate Conception I guess!

Answer by admckenzie at 12:02 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• If there were never any other problems in the past with infedelity then there is obviously something else going on. Pregnancy can be hard on everyone not just the one who is carrying the baby-sometimes it is actually harder on the husband to adjust to. Just because he has accused you of cheating doesn't mean that he is cheating but it would be the first thing to pop into my head too. If I were in your shoes I would sit him down and tell him that you don't want him to be in this marriage with any doubts so if a paternity test is what he wants then fine he can have it, under one condition-he must enter into maritial counceling with you. Make sure he knows how hurt you are by him even suggested that you cheated on him. If I were you and I were 8 months prego. the last thing that I would want to think about is leaving my husband-he may just be going through some emotional crap related to your pregnancy
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 12:13 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Chances are he is cheating so assumes you are as well. I would hire someone to follow him and do a little digging through his stuff at home. Cheaters always accuse so they can blame their spouse for their own bad and vile behavior. They are worthless people so they do vile things like that. I would check into it and I would do a paternity test you know the baby is his if he wants one he can petition the courts for one I would think that would be enough for you to see what a rotten person he is and file for divorce. People in good and healthy marriages don't ask questions like this. I am sorry he is such an a$$.
    Anonymous