what does this sound like?

every time i stand up or pick something up I get really bad cramping on my lower pelvis where my ovaries are. it's not incredibly bad- I'm not sure what it could be... I've never felt this way before a period- but I'm not going to rule that out. How bad do ovarian cysts hurt? i know my mom had them after she had me. are they genetic?

Hali_Taylor

Asked by Hali_Taylor at 11:52 AM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Health

• because it's when you bend and pick things up and not an all the time pain, sounds like a hernia to me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Go to your OBGYN and ask them about it... if it's a cyst they can easily determine that by an ultrasound. It could be a few different things depending on your history. YES, you may be more likely to get them because your mother had them. It very well could be a hernia so don't lift things until you see the doc!
    momofkearra

Answer by momofkearra at 12:15 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Cysts hurt BAD. Its an easy procedure to get rid of it.
    Anonymous

• Could you be pregnant?
    Anonymous

• The pain from my cysts didn't come and go with activity. But I did have adhesions from scar tissue that the cysts caused and that would cramp terribly when bending or sitting-to-standing. Either way, an ultrasound will let you know what is going on in there. Don't let it wait either. Cysts can get out of control.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 5:31 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Ever since my last delivery, I've had those pains when I was ovulating. It only lasts a day or two then goes away. If it lasts much longer than that, bring it up with your doctor.
    Anonymous