How can I feel sexy being pregnant?

My hair color is growing out and I look crazy also I can't find any cute clothes to fit me I have to go shopping for bigger clothes and I can't find any cute ones. Also it seems like the more I try to fix myself up the more sleepy I get and I know thats due to the pregnancy. Can anyone give me any advice please I need it deeply.

jessesmama22

Asked by jessesmama22 at 12:01 PM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I'm sorry that you're feeling so down and having a hard time thinking that you're attractive hun. Being pregnant is a very emotional time as you well know. Try to remember that you are beautiful the way you are and don't need to look like the magazine girls. (It's a tough thing to do and I struggle with it too)
    Being pregnant is one of the most beautiful times in a woman's life because you're bringing a child into the world and changing to fit the demands of that job. It is wonderous and amazing. Don't ever think otherwise. Embrace your big 'ole belly and be proud to be a mommy! Don't worry about all that makeup, just use some concealer around your eyes and a quick cover-up foundation if need be... mascara and you should be set... nothing major.
    You can dye your hair, get the amonia free stuff.
    momofkearra

Answer by momofkearra at 12:08 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• They have maternity stores with more up to date fashions. Do your hair and make up. You are beautiful just spend time on yourself.
    Anonymous

• LOL! Good luck looking sexy when you are a mom, period. When you have a two year old running around with a crappy diaper, snot running down his nose, pulling at his penis... Yeah, good luck with that.

You are a mom now, time to change your damn priorities.
    Anonymous

• I know how you are feeling. When I was pregnant with my twins the largest maternity clothes were to small for me and I was just so eeeehh.! Tired and just didnt feel pretty. But my husband said guys looked at me alot ?? I was at Target the other day and they had an entire maternity section. There was some really cute and comfortable things there and not to expensive. show off your best qualities like your legs or chest. Or a sweater with a scarf is so cute. I heard that you can dye your hair just tell your hair dresser you need something safe. My mom always said to wearing something on your lips makes you look polished. Pamper yourself when you can. Drink lots of water. Initiate love making with your husband as much as you can. This will boost your mood and make hubby really happy and make you feel sexy and pretty :) You have such a glow when you are pregnant and this is when you are the most beautiful. You are lovely.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 12:32 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Don't listen to the moron anon above me -- motherhood does not equal a lifetime of looking and feeling crappy, and it sounds like she's given up. (Have fun with that lady -- I'm sure your bitterness does nothing to help the way you look to others either).

I felt awesome with my 3rd pregnancy and I HATE being pregnant. I felt the way you are describing with my first two -- the one thing I did with the 3rd is that I did NOT buy maternity clothes. They are HORRID. I went to Forever 21, bought a large, and it was stretchy enough to be cute. They have great empire waist tunics that will fill a pregnant lady, and American Apparel has some great maternity options that aren't "MATERNITY." Get some clothes that make you feel more like yourself. Dye your hair (you CAN, despite what you've heard), and try a new cut out. Take advantage of the extra blood flow and get a complexion enhancer from Bare Minerals.
    Anonymous

• Anon 12:20 sounds like a miserable person who clearly is jealous of anyone who looks good and is a mom. I take care of myself as much as I did before I was mom, you can do it just put the time in and try to find clothes that you feel good in. I agree with pp to buy large clothes at regular stores, maternity clothes are awful unless you want to spend a lot to get the cute really nice ones that are way to pricey.
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 12:57 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I agree with PP as well, you don't have to wear maternity to cover yourself as a pregnant person. I just sized up or mainly adapted the clothes I already had to fit my ever-shifting belly and breasts. We did choke up a little at Target for dressy business clothes that fit- our Walmart where we live had nothing to fit me that looked nice, so we made a day of it. I actually loved showing off my belly, and wore shirts that were snug. The only thing I couldn't like was the stretch marks, but then I didn't find those until after I had the baby and I could see the under-side of my belly ;) As for the unhappy anon, well, I feel pretty fantastic most days, even when I'm dealing with an active 13 month old in the store, or when I'm at work dealing with annoying people. It's all about perspective. Find something you love about yourself and rock it out.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 3:38 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Being pregnant in itself is sexy! Do what makes you feel good. If you feel good in make up then apply it. If your hair bothers you then put it up. I wear scarfs and hats bc my hair is thinning. Wear what makes you feel sexy. When I was pregnant I wore my regular jeans. I just kept them unzipped (with a stretch belt to hold them up) and wore a cool long sweater or wear bid daddy's shirt. Now that to me is sexy.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:52 PM on Jan. 10, 2010