Uh oh..I just realized that my DD MIGHT still be in diapers when my baby is born...

IF IF I'm pregnant. My DD is 18 months right now. If I'm pregnant I'd be due in September. Crap! ANyone else have this problem too?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 PM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• my son is only 14 months right now so i know he will still be in diapers when this new baby comes in june. but i dont mind. luckily my DD was potty trained like 3 months b4 i gave birth to my son nov 08' but she was like 2 1/2 when this happend. when she was fully fuly potty trained. try and start showing her the potty and trying to get her used to the idea. you never know she might take to it faster than you think. true buying diapers for two is worse than for one. but again i dont mind.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 12:11 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Yeah I had three in diapers at once. My twins were 19 months old when their little sister was born. At first it was annoying, but you get used to it!
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 12:11 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I have two in diapers right now, soon to have three in diapers! I cloth diaper though, so I'm not putting out money on diapers left and right. Cloth diapers aren't all pins and plastic pants anymore, you should really check out what they look like these days. My boys are in one size diapers right now, they fit 8 lb-40 lb!
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 12:13 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I have 2 in diapers for 6 months now :P It's no biggie for us.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 12:23 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I had 3 in diapers at one time. It's not a big deal. What's harder is trying to potty train a toddler when you have a newborn to take care of because inevitably the toddler HAS to use the bathroom as soon as you sit down to feed or change the baby. That sucks. 2 in diapers...that's a breeze.
    And when my youngest was born I thought I would actually only have the 1 in diapers. Didn't work that way. The next oldest was 3 1/2 and still in diapers for the first 3 months of the baby's life. That's where the whole potty training thing with a newborn came in. Blah.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:25 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• My son is potty training and will be when baby is born. He only needs a few changings a day now so I don't think it will be a big deal!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 12:30 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Problem??
    Seems common, imo.
    ;-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:30 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• What do you think everyone who has kids 1-2 years apart does?
    Anonymous

• So potty train her before the baby comes.
    Anonymous

• My children are 25 months apart in age and my oldest was almost fully potty trained of his own accord before his sister came. It will be expensive to have 2 in diapers, but it is VERY common nowadays especially since most kids don't potty train until around 3 years old. You cannot force the child to train and trying to do so will only prolong it so just wait until #1 shows signs and then start immediately. Both mine potty trained about the age of 2.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 2:00 PM on Jan. 10, 2010