Do you think Ugg boots ok to wear if you are over the age of 40?

staceynoel

Asked by staceynoel at 12:08 PM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• my 14 yo insist that no one over 27 should wear them, lol. i personally dont wear them, but i think its ok. i know 2 women in their late 40's and they wear them, i think it looks ok. If they would wear them with leggings and an aeropostale hoodie, then id say they were trying to hold on to their youth.
    Anonymous

• Of course they are ok to wear if you are over 40-or no matter what age you are! They are very cute and stylish and there is no reason that you can't wear something warm and stylish if you are over 40 (I am 25). The only people who think that you shouldn't are either teenagers who think that something is less cool if their parents wear it, or someone who is in their 40's or older and they are too afraid to try a new style!
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 12:18 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Why not? They are boots aren't they? It's not like it's a mini skirt and halter top. YES it totally okay to wear Ugg boots if you are 80 and you still want to. Now, the reason you are asking, I am assuming is because you are one that wears your Ugg boots with shorts and skirts... well, if you are over 40, I am assuming you are intelligent enough to know that this look is totally trashy and just plain stupid. If you are over 40, I think you have the knowledge to know that Ugg boots are in fact, made to wear in winter, possibly even snow.... ?? So, in answer to your question, actually wearing Ugg boots over 40 is probably even a better idea... because over 40 year olds mainly know how to wear Ugg boots and not look so damn trashy..

Just sayin....
    Anonymous

• I just like to borrow my daughters Ugg boots, they are the tall brown ones, I love wearing them with jeans and a big sweater, They are the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn and they are so warm.
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 12:22 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• they look fine, wear away. i've used my daughters uggs too.
    Anonymous

• It's 19 degrees today where I live... I'm 32 and I wear my Uggs all the time and so do lots of women of every age here in Michigan because it's cold! I think Pam Anderson wearing them in L.A. with a minidress is kind of strange, but otherwise, nothing keeps your feet warmer than Uggs!
    MichiMomma

Answer by MichiMomma at 12:30 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Of course they are. They come from Australia and were worn by ALL people for the cold temps.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 1:27 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I agree with michimomma I am 33 and I wear them and it is cold here I want my feet to be warm. The whole purpose of the boots to begin with was warmth then they became a fashion trend. I knew people who were in their 40's who wore them before they were popular. I wear mine with jeans never with shorts or skirts lol, they look cute and i refuse to give them up in the winter months.

I am giggling at anon 11's 14 y/o yeah 27 is so freaking old lol aww to be 14 again lol.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:29 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Who cares? Ugg didn't put an age restriction on their product so why should we?
    NewJoyOn1308

Answer by NewJoyOn1308 at 1:57 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• They are very warm and not really waterproof; they don't wear well, either. You would be better off with Merrills, or another good, waterproof brand

Answer by rkoloms at 2:19 PM on Jan. 10, 2010