What should I do next?

I asked the question yesterday about hanging out with my friend and how all he talks about is doing it and that when we hung out, all he did was text and I considered it a boring night. Well after we hung out, he told me to text him the next day and I did. He wasn't very playful and his responses were very short. Last night we could have hung out because I let my LO stay with my parents on fridays and saturdays because I have to work and they watch him during the day anyways. It's more convenient for all of us. Well he went out of town and would have been back early but I didn't hear from him again last night. He usually texts me throughout the night so it was kinda wierd since his earlier responses weren't the same. This weekend is the last weekend we can hang out before he has to go back to school. Should I keep texting him or just wait for him to text me to see if he is still interested in our friendship and coming over?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 PM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• In your other post you stated that he was interested in you sexually but that you did not return the feeling so I would have to say...leave him be. Right now he is digesting that you aren't interested in him sexually. Right now he may be out pursuing other "interests" hoping to get his "fix." I would let him go and get his needs met. If you are truly only interested in a platonic relationship you don't need to track him down and text him more, he got the text and he knows that you are interested in hanging out (without anything sexually happening) so if he is interested in hanging out with you with no expectations of getting some then he'll contact you. IF you continue to contact him it makes him think that you are interested in something more than a straight friendship...you'll just be setting him up to think more might come...leave him be hun! He'll come around when he's ready for a platonic relationship.
    AWomansMind

Answer by AWomansMind at 11:13 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Wait til he calls..if you are not interested in him that much.

Then again HE JUST MIGHT BE" DOING IT" WITH SOMEONE ELSE...lol
    Anonymous

• I am interested in his friendship but I don't want to "make" it happen by bugging him if he isn't interested anymore. I just don't know what to do.

~OP
    Anonymous

• WAIT to hear from him!
    Anonymous

• I'd wait. If you text or call him too much, it makes it look like you want more and are desperate. Let him come to you. Especially since all you are interested in is friendship, and if I remember your other post correctly, he's always talking about sex.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:40 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Thank you so much AWomansMind... your advice is so helpful and makes me look at things differently.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Jan. 11, 2010