How Long do i need to wait after i have sex to take a pregnancy test?

tylersbaby85

Asked by tylersbaby85 at 12:43 PM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• LOL really!? At least 2 weeks.
    Anonymous

• well some people are different. i didnt find out the first time until i was 2 months.. and that was 2 years ago... so i just want to make sure... you dont have to be rude bout it..
    tylersbaby85

Answer by tylersbaby85 at 12:48 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I wuld wait until you are due for your peiod.. that can be very hard when you are trying.. its hard to not test to early.. but try and wait.. I got my BFP on the day my period was due.. which was 11 days past ovulation..
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 1:43 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Well in order for your body to actually sustain a pregnancy you need to have about a 14 day luteal phase (time from ovulation until your period if not pregnant) and a pregnancy will not show up on a pregnancy test until the end of the luteal phase.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 1:52 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• well aeneva is Half right..
    My LP is NOT 14 days.. it is 11.. and i got a positive pregnancy test on the 11th day.. the day my period is due.. i have a 26 day cycle and Ovulate very late into it... and some people do get positives even as early as 10 days past ovulation.. so its not necessarly true that it has to be the end of the LP to show positive.
    I hope you do understand tho that finding out to early ALOT can go wrong.. there are certain things called a chemical pregnancy??
    Good luck to you!
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 3:12 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I would say probably 2 weeks. Cause when I got pregnant with my first I achually found out 2 weeks before my period was due
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 5:51 PM on Jan. 10, 2010