Weird realization. I'm not religious at all, and my baby is named Christian

It was brought to my attention the other day that I'm weird because I named my youngest son Christian when I actually don't like many of the teachings in Christianity so I don't practice anything. I don't think it's weird, I just like the name. Your opinion, do you think naming your kid after something you're indifferent about is strange or do you just think a name is a name?

ETA: I'm not trying to bash any religion or practice. I just say that I personally don't like it.

GothicMommy3

Asked by GothicMommy3 at 12:44 PM on Jan. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think that a lot of people name their children names because they like the sound rather than because the name has special meaning. So no, I don't think it is weird.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 12:47 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I don't think it is weird, either...my DH is not religious AT ALL and wanted to name our baby Christian if it was a boy (it wasn't!)
    Be happy you picked a nice name!
    zoeygracesmom

Answer by zoeygracesmom at 3:10 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• It's a name and only a name. Some people are just weird.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:27 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• i love candy, but that doesnt mean i will name my child that. i think christian is a beautiful name. some people are so...nit picky
    maxxsmommy13

Answer by maxxsmommy13 at 8:09 PM on Jan. 10, 2010