Do you think it's unhealthy for me to lose 15 lbs?

I am 5" and weigh 115 lbs. I weighed 92 lbs before I got pregnant after some weight loss from being in a crappy relationship. The most I have ever weighed is 120 lbs. I tell people I want to lose weight and they tell me that I am crazy, that I don't need to. I feel I do and I am tired of being chubby. I know if I do, my tummy will probably end up all saggy but I'm ok with that. I don't really want to lose my boobs or butt but there is really nothing I can do about that if I want to be skinnier.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:45 PM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• The smallest you could be and be considered "healthy" is 102. Anything less than that, you're going into the "crazy anorexic I have to eat spinach all the time because I can't hold iron and I'm tired all the time/dont take care of myself" weight range.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't lose the fifteen pounds.
    You might look too skinny if you do.

Everyone's different though.
    ammbbbeeeerrrrr

Answer by ammbbbeeeerrrrr at 12:55 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• That would be too small, 102 is good as other person said.
    3rdDay

Answer by 3rdDay at 12:55 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Small frames don't carry weight well so if your doctor is ok with you losing the weight then do it. My mom was never over 100 lbs and she was short. She was fine. She didn't look skinny.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:57 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Don't concentrate on being skinny work instead on being healthy for your body not for your weight. Weight can keep us alive but not as healthy. A healthy body has a stronger chance of coming through illness alright.

You're not fat at 5' 115. Think of what your baby could learn from seeing you needing to loose weight as he or she grows. When I'm tossing around with a decision to make lots of times I turn my question around to what would I tell my kids if one came to me or it was known to me that they worry about the same thing? Look in your baby's eyes to see what they need in a mommy's looks - the answer is a mommy with a healthy body not a mom's who's skinny.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 1:01 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Oh and my sons girl friend is just barely 5 feet herself and she's a size 2 or 1 and has no boobs. When she wants boob she wears pushup bras that give her incredible boobs. My son is 6feet and he loves her because she's more than a body she's is love. The sudden appearance of boobs are for fun.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 1:11 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• why not concentrate on toning up instead of weight loss, it sounds like that is really more what your looking for. when you tone your muscles the weight looks different and you might be very happy with the results.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:57 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Maybe its not your weight that is making you feel chubby-maybe you just want/need to firm up. I am in the "normal" range for weight but I have these fat pockets around my waist and thighs that need to be firmed up.
    If you are concerned, you can ask your doctor what he/she thinks of taking off a few pounds.
    justmyopinion

Answer by justmyopinion at 3:04 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I know how you feel! I am 4'11 & weigh 115. I was weighing around 107 after I had my daughter & I want to lose around 8 pounds to get back to where i was. I am by no means fat or chubby but i just felt better when I was 108. i did start working out so i don't know if some of this weight is muscle or what! You do what makes you feel good! good luck!
    Anonymous

• what's your BMI for your height? that is what I would go by to figure out an ideal weight
    Anonymous