is there such thing as a tender, juicy pot roast?

I have tried several recipies and cuts of meat and all my pot roasts turn out super dry. does anyone know of a good recipie that would result in a juicy pot roast?

gypsymama532

Asked by gypsymama532 at 12:46 PM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Food & Drink

• cook it in the crockpot. it literally falls apart when your cutting it up to serve it! i'll put mine in with a can of beef broth, some veggies and seasonings, and cook it on low for about 6 hours. omg it comes out so tender and delicious!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:50 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Yep, I agree with tnm786. It is awesome from the crock pot. We cook it almost all day on low.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 12:59 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Crock pot or cooking bags I personally prefer the crock pot and I use london broil to do it, add in the mccormick slow cooker seasoning packet some tatos and carrots and it is very juicy and if you cook it on low it is fall apart delicious.

I love the way it makes the house smell really good about 2 hours before it is done, normally everyone walks in from school and dh from work and they can smell it and they say yum as they walk through the door :)
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:21 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• IN the crock pot on low all day no matter what the cut of meat is it always turns out tender. If you don't have a crock pot then a covered pot in the oven on a low temperature is the way to go. Add some water to the pan and cover tightly and it steams itself.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 1:51 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I prefer the oven bags by reynolds, even has a very yummy recipe right in the box of bags :D I really like the easy clean up with this one!
    Anonymous

• Crock pot. I've never had a bad roast, no matter how bad the cut, when using the crock pot. A big part of it is making sure you have enough liquid in the pot. You want to braise the meat, not cook it dry.
    Anonymous

• I usually use the crockpot. I like to add Montreal Steak Seasoning and a can of French Onion Soup...sometimes I cook a roast with a jar of mild Pace Picante Sauce..it makes awesome shredded beef burritos. Chuck Roast is my favorite cut to use.

I also have a piece crockery that belonged to my great grandmother..it is a heavy lidded clay pot. I use it a lot to, mostly for baking chicken thoough.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 5:23 PM on Jan. 10, 2010