How would you take this? (If dh was this way)

Ok last night me and the kids went to go get something to eat (drive-thru) so I was only gone 20 minutes. Anyway he doesn't like me doing this bc he thinks the kids will think...Alright!!! Daddy is not here let's party...lol (so to speak) they don't like it when he is here sometimes bc he is always getting after them (they can be bad sometimes) Anyway one day my dh told me not to be doing this without him, I told him ok I promise but it has been along time since I had some good tasting chili so me and the kids went and got some but for some stupid reason my dh calls me (out of all the time that I was in the house he did not call) but as soon as we step out...He calls me on my cell...aarrgg I did not answer until I got home bc I know he was going to bitch but why? I don't get it I understand him but it really is no big deal.
What would u do or what does this sound like 2 u?
THX!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:53 PM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• OH My dh works night shift
    Anonymous

• Depending on weather conditions, maybe he worried about you going out with the kids and breaking down or sliding off the road into a snow bank.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:55 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• No I think it is more of an insecure issue...Im guessing
    Anonymous

• Sounds like your DH is controlling and selfish. If he's concerned about what the kids think of him, he can take them out to do something fun instead of not allowing you to. What an asshole.
    Anonymous

• sounds like he is controlling...
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:58 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I'd be very concerned about a man who didn't let me leave the house for outings with my kids. That is scary.
    Anonymous

• Wow ladies thank you but what can I do I am not afraid of him I usually stand up for my self but for this what the heck is going on why does he feel he as to act this way beside what admechenzie said bc that could happen but we have no snow here and we just live down the street from this place 10 minutes away.
    Anonymous

• Agreed, he sounds like a control freak...very self absorbed and short sighted. He doesnt want you or the kids to have fun? A man who loves his wife and children will want them to be happy and like the above poster said he needs to be a good Father on his own and do things himself to make the kids happy. Please don't let him control you like this, it's oppressive, he doesn't OWN you, you deserve to be happy and going out for food is not doing ANYTHING WRONG...don't stand for it, he's being absolutely ridiculous and making you feel you are in the wrong and it is just the opposite, HE IS IN THE WRONG HERE!
    Anonymous

• Who knows? Because he has a short fuse and anger issues? Because he feels inadequate as a father and doesn't want to be "outdone" by another parent? Either way, he has issues he needs to work on.
    Anonymous

• so what ur not allowed to go anywhere with the kids unless he is with you.
    kathynej7142007

Answer by kathynej7142007 at 1:12 PM on Jan. 10, 2010