2 yr old boy has a skin tag on chest..just appeared...what do u think?

I just noticed it this morning..it isn't too large but sticks out enough that i think he is already scratching it. It wasn't there the other day.

my DH thinks we should take him in to get it checked out and I agree.

Anyone had any experience with this...any thoughts, suggestions?

thanks in advance.

tntmom1027

Asked by tntmom1027 at 12:56 PM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I hate those things usually they get cut off I know I would and I have. My sd had one on her under arm her dad just yanked it off she was fine. I have had mine burned off. One day my dh had one on his back all of a sudden and for weeks he wanted me to do surgery on him (atleast that is what he had me do on him...lol) it was big the size of a big booger...sorry tmi that was the first thing that popped in my head..lol anyway I had sliced it off with a razor blade and applied lots and lots of pressure it bleed like a sun of a gun kept it patched up for 2 days and whaalah it was gone and smooth. I had used iodine and alcohol too.
    But for your baby take him to the dermatologist just to be safe. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:02 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Buy some aspirin and make a paste with crushed aspirin and water. Put it on the skin tag and put a bandaid on so he won't bother it. Some people say you can cut open a potato and rub the juice on a skin tag. You could try both while waiting for the dr appt.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:05 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• the dr told me it's kind of like having herpes, but for the skin. it's hereditary i think. they don't hurt you or anything, just look funny.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 2:44 PM on Jan. 10, 2010