What would you do if you had a controlling man?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:07 PM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Tell him to knock that shit off.
    Anonymous

• I have one. I learned how to work with his controlling nature. It took a long time but it's all good now

Answer by admckenzie at 1:08 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• p.s. There is a difference between just being controlling and being obsessive and controlling or even abusive. Mine isn't abusive.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:09 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I do! to a point. he has the whole italian thing going on..tradition view of a man leads the marriage..blah blah blah.. lol i pick my fights lol

If a man is extremely controlling it usually isn't a good fair relationship..my ex was, to the point of getting physical....I left.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 1:09 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• probably leave. It depends on what you mean by controlling. If you mean won't let me take one step without his permission f-that. Marriage does not = authority over another's total actions.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 1:10 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• LEAVE!
    Anonymous

• I was like that. Now per show of his intent to control and sometimes before it comes out, he's reminded he can work with me for partnership or work jobs to support multiple households to see his kids. If you are afraid to speak firmly and clearly, repeatedly even now of you being allowed by the law to be respected then get counselling now. Learn why you're afraid and choices you do have from that.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 1:15 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Not sure exactly. FIrst I would probably figure out why he is being controlling. Is he insecure? Does he have reason to not trust you? Second, I would talk to him about how he is making me feel. I would not allow him to continue treating me that way at all. It is unacceptable.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 1:16 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Divorce them......and I do...I don't control nor will I allow anyone to control me.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 1:21 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• kinda have one... more obsessive and stalkerish to really define it.

i do tell him what he's doing and how he did it and bring it to his attention, sometimes im a little late on telling him and making him realize it but when there's a "next time" i will point it out again while im in that situation whether he puts up a fit or not...i really dont care.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 1:36 PM on Jan. 10, 2010