Do you still spoon feed your 14 month old or is he able to eat indepently

staceynoel

Asked by staceynoel at 1:24 PM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I still spoon feed my 17 month old but I've been giving him a spoon and letting him try it on his own. He's doing ok, but would rather use his fingers.
    tabc531

Answer by tabc531 at 1:27 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• It depends on the food. If it was something that was really messy then i would feed her myself but if it was a finger food or something that would be easy to clean up and not have to change outfits aftereating the I would let her do it by herself. Heck DD is 2 now and soemtimes when she wont eat we still have to spoon feed her ourselves, just because she is stubborn that way
    kanakake

Answer by kanakake at 1:29 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• My 18 month old still isn't too skilled with the fork and spoon. She tries, but she eats mostly with her hands. Every meal is super messy.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:14 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• My son has fed himself since he was 12 months old... usually he still uses his hands but he knows how to use a fork and spoon, just chooses not to. He's 17 months.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 2:17 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• My son is 14 months and I still feed him anything that requires a spoon. We do mostly finger foods and I've started giving him his own spoon during meals but he doesn't get ;much food from table to mouth that way

Answer by missanc at 3:44 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• My kids fed themselves mostly by that age. A few certain things I still had to feed them, or if they were really tired but hungry I'd feed them. But for the most part they were eating on their own by that age, and using utensils at least part of the time.
    Anonymous

• we let him use a fork or spoon and he does very well w/ a fork, but he's still working on mastering the spoon. so, yes i still do spoon feed him. it just depends on what he's eating. for example: cereal- i feed it to him, noodles-i let him do it.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 9:33 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• I thought you knew it all! lol
    Anonymous