what if you werent hungry for breakfast?

do you eat breakfast anyway? or do you skip it and go for lunch?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:29 PM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Before I got fat I would skip it but now I have to have something to jump start my metabolism to help me lose the weight. I found out if you don't eat your body thinks it's starving and stores everything to fat to protect itself. If I'm not hungry I'll drink a glass of Carnation Instant Breakfast or drink my green tea and a piece of toast or a cracker.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:35 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Skip it! never been a big breakfast person.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 1:31 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I almost never eat breakfast. Usually when I do I'm starving again 2 hours later (long before lunch time) and need to eat a complete meal to fill me up or I get horribly sick to my stomach and I'm miserable.
    I do just fine not eating until 11am every morning (on school days I'm up at 6:40am). I was like that as a kid, too. I hardly ever ate breakfast before I left for school. Even in high school when I didn't have lunch until 1:20pm (last lunch period of the day...two years in a row, it sucked because there was never any food left and everything was cold). The days I did eat lunch I would end up with migraines and feel sick by 2nd period.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:32 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Sometimes I wait until I'm hungry or just have a small bowl of cereal. I always have coffee though, no matter what!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 1:33 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I usually just eat a banana with my coffee. I'm not a big breakfast person either.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:34 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Admckenzie pretty much said what I was going to say. I don't like breakfast, but I do eat in the mornings anyway, even if its something small. During the school week, I'm at the gym around 815 (after being up at 730) and am home by 915 - I usually eat breakfast then and its more than welcome. On days I don't work out, I have no appetite til lunchtime but I will eat something small just to get my metabolism going.

Breakfast - you're breaking a fast. Good stuff.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:39 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I eat Bfast regardless. I am trying to lose weight and I know eating a big breakfast and then the next meal medium sized and then a salad for dinner is working for me! I never skip breakfast anymore. I need it to lose weight!
    huniebearsmama

Answer by huniebearsmama at 1:46 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I dont like eating right after i wake up so i give it up to an hour now and i eat, for a long time i wouldnt eat till lunch and that isnt good for me. Since I started eating breakfast i have noticed that my weight loss is coming much easier my body isnt in starvation mode. So now i have a routine get up get the kids out the door have a bowl of whole wheat cereal with berries, a big glass of water and a vitamin. The difference in how i feel is amazing and by the time i hit the gym I have energy.

I have always made my kids eat breakfast and now i understand why they always had more energy than i did.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:50 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I use to never eat breakfast tell I became a Diabetic. Now I have to eat breakfast lunch and dinner and 3 snacks. To keep my blood sugar level. It sucks!!!

Answer by louise2 at 1:51 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I usually have a cup of coffee with the kids. When I come back from dropping them at their schools (3 kids, 3 schools and it sucks) I have my breakfast. Usually some toast or a bowl of oatmeal. I become horribly cold if I don't eat at least 3 meals a day. And I have seen what my body will look like if I skip meals and I'd rather eat a small meal than look like my mom.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 1:58 PM on Jan. 10, 2010