how much pineapple???

ok so im 5 months pregnant n i love to eat, lol.
i love fresh fruits n veggies...
but my sister told me to watch how much pineapple i eat...said it can be bad s me n my baby.,...
so how much pineapple is to much pineapple???

BABYnME610

Asked by BABYnME610 at 1:29 PM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I craved pineapple and ate ALOT of it while pregnant...I never had any issues. Sorry I am not much help...
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 1:44 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• i never heard anything bad about eating too much pineapple. unripened papaya can give you a miscarrage, but that's about the only bad thing i heard about eating fruit
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 1:46 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• never heard not to eat pineapple...

although I did learn the hard way that it is a bad idea to eat a whole one LOL I had heartburn so bad I thought I was dying... LOL I had never had heartburn before so had no clue what was going on. Hubby still laughs at me over that one
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 1:52 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I have heard this.. but i think its only in the first trimester. I read it can cause birth defects,.. something about it taking away folic acid that is needed to prevent birth defects.. im sure some is fine.. especially if you are taking your prenatals b/c they should be loaded with folic acid.
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 1:56 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I started craving it late in my last pregnancy and I ate a whole can.. juice and all. I ended up going to the hospital that night thinking I was in labor. But it was really just the pineapple giving me false labor. My Dr said to eat it in moderation or I would be uncomfy.
    momof2cuteboys

Answer by momof2cuteboys at 3:19 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• awesome info anon! I did not know any of that!

I can see where all of that makes sense though. as pineapple upsets my stomach, and an upset stomach/diarrhea can cause labor (hence the castor oil trick)
    Anonymous