Why does my 3 week old cry so hard when he poops?

It seems that he curls every part of his body and face, and cries so hard when he's pooping. Doc gave him clean bill of health last week, based on the fact that he has several poopy diapers a day (he's breastfed).

Has anyone else experienced this??

LilySchey

Asked by LilySchey at 1:41 PM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• rub his belly when he goes, also try gently pushing his feet toward his body. mabe try siting him up not laying down
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 1:45 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Could be having a hard time with something you are eating maybe????? I would call the DR and just ask if they have any suggestions or ask the next time you are in. The dr should be able to answer the question over the phone. Are you giving him any mylacon (sp??) for gas?? Maybe try a drop or two of that (read the box or ask the DR I don't remember dosages my kids are 3 and 6). GOOD LUCK!!!
    rocamom

Answer by rocamom at 1:46 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• he may be constipated.
    michellelee3708

Answer by michellelee3708 at 1:47 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• if you think it's gas, like pp said mylicon works good, but otherwise, usually babies just don't like pooping themselves...... all my kids cried when they pooped themselves..... maybe that's it (i mean if he's bf it's not constipation troubles)
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 1:49 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I agree talk to his doctor poor baby
    officerdouglas

Answer by officerdouglas at 1:52 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Might be acidic and burns his bottom maybe. Do you use cloth or disposables?
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 3:02 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• hes probably getting constipated.. doctors cant determine this unless the child is physically pooping.. it does sound like hes not constipated enough to have no poop coming out at all but it hurts or its gas and hes having gas pains when hes pooping. Ide bring the concern to the doctor and then give him a baby gas x type stuff and see if that helps.
    Merediths_Mommy

Answer by Merediths_Mommy at 5:32 PM on Jan. 10, 2010