Who believes this recession will improve in 2010?

I'm in California and am curious to know if any of you out their believe the hype of job hiring freezes being lifted and company's actually starting to hire again this year?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:05 PM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Money & Work

• It took eight years to get bad; it certainly will take more than a year to start improving

Answer by rkoloms at 2:10 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• well i hope so, at least. a friend of mine in school last year said "2009 will be the recovery year, and 2010 will be flourishing". so im staying optimistic.
    snoober_k

Answer by snoober_k at 2:10 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• this is OP: Well, I've heard some people say company's that were not hiring at all last year will slowly start hiring once again, and also that recent college grads will get hired just because company's can afford to hire them at lower pay. Also heard that some companys are glossing over their normal requirements of a higher degree, such as a bachelor degree, and taking on people with only Associates degrees- again, to save money by paying them less!
    Anonymous

• I don't know about the "eight years" thingy.

Kind of simplistic.
    The country is full of unrealistic people who want others to pay for their entitled way of life.
    We need realism people!

I own a business and we had labor costs last year of 525 thousand dollars.
    We have recently laid of 4 employees and working on 5th and eventually ALL labor done in China with all product shipped to us assembled, packaged and ready to sell.
    No new employees and no hourly employees anymore at all.

THAT is what all the business taxes taken from us to pay for lots and lots of WIC, foodstamps, EIC, medical cards, child care, etc, etc has caused.
    The government taxes, businesses ship jobs over seas.
    No, no new jobs this year, people.
    You cannot expect a few to take care of all the unambitious for decades without eventual fallout.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 3:26 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• There needs to be a realization that the jobs that were lost are not coming back. You need to find something else to do. Take responsibility for your future and don't rely on the government or anyone else to make it better.
    Anonymous

• I totally like mustbeGRACE's post. People wisen up.. we simply cannot afford to take care of people who take no responsibility for anything any longer. END FOODSTAMPS, WELFARE, PA, etc... let them all go out and get jobs and support themselves. This is outrageous.

At some point in our near future, there will be NO ASSISTANCE!!! These people will be forced to sink or swim. Meaning, make it or die off... it's the way of the world. It's what needs to be done.
    Anonymous

• Some of the recovery act jobs have already started in my state...so.. i am trying to be optimistic!! But not unrealistic. I hope we can make moves in a positive direction, but i know everything isnt going to do a complete turn around!
    Anonymous

• It already has improved. America just doesn't want to see it and it will take the economists six months to compile the date and give the report.

BUT it doesn't take a brain surgeon to realize that the Dow has gone up more than 30% since it hit bottom. That's a huge increase....
    Anonymous

• mustbeGrace - I've read your posts before. Always blaming poor people and yet, your laying off workers. Some of them may have no choice but to collect aid. Welfare is relatively new...and there have always been hard times...so nope welfare didn't cause this. I suggest some people stop sending jobs overseas and stop lining their pockets.

Anonymous

• Send the jobs to India...that way my husband's family can stay rich.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 11:04 PM on Jan. 10, 2010