read caseworker tells how she was trained to take kids even if no abuse/neglect

http://www.citylimits.org/content/articles/articleView.cfm?articlenumber=665
"I was trained to do removals in cases that did not necessarily qualify as abuse or neglect...determine that a child is "unsafe" from the outset of an investigation." IF you think that you are a good parent.. THINK AGAIN.. It doesn't matter WHO YOU ARE, or what you do (unless you work for the media) YOUR CHILDREN CAN/WILL BE TAKEN AWAY by Social Services.. Hear the truth from a Social Services Supervisor.
go to web site to view the story.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:22 PM on Jan. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• so they take kids away without cause, to drive them around sitting a social worker's LAP? and who's neglectful?
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 3:02 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• We had a social worker come to our work to do training on calling in to the dept of children and family svcs just a couple mos ago. She said they used to be quick to jump the gun but with all the heat about foster care neglect and budget, and so forth, they don't do that anymore. They try to help out the parents to get their life straight before immediately removing the children.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 2:25 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I already knew this. It used to be very profitable to take children and put them in foster care later to be adopted.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 2:33 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• my ex husband kept calling dcfs on me.. so dcfs came to my house four times.. they always found no abuse or neglect, but two of them were very rude & violated my daughters rights by talking to her alone. although I believe they have improved I believe they still have along way to go.. to make sure innocent families don't get torn apart & abused kids are found & saved. no reward should be given for taking a child from their parent(s), but a reward should be given if a family is successfully reunited.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 2:37 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I am a young mother,I had just had a little girl she was about 4 months old and was starting to roll over and she would sometimes roll over and could not get back to her back ... well I was alone with her in the living room and she was playing in the floor when she rolled over and could not get back to her back she started screaming and that is when I noticed she was laying on her arm funny (she never cried) I picked her up it took me about 30 mins ot get her to go to sleep and stop crying.when she awoke I changed her diaper and touched her arm gently and she started crying again so I knew something was wrong my husband was home at the time but in the back of the house. I took her to the doctor but seen a different doctor this time and she did an Xray she said it looks like there is a small hair line fracture at the top of her arm.she told us to go straight to the emergency room to not go home so that a radiologist continues-
    Anonymous

• 3:32 anon continued- to see a radiologist to confirm it was a fracture we get there and they said that we had to stay overnight for observation and that it was a Surveillance Room that recorded everything. she could not go to sleep because she had no idea where she was so she stayed up all night and was very tough to deal with especially while being recorded and not know what they are saying about you wether you are doing this right or that right. it was very stressful. well the radiologist said that he has seen so many fractures and broken bones in his time that this was not the case it was a tiny blood vessel. so we went home and then got a call from Child social services saying they had to come out and take a look at her.I was about to explain that there was nothing wrong when she said .We know there is nothing wrong we contacted the hospital and they told us about it.so the doctor we originally seen called before she knew
    Anonymous

• and they came out made me take my daughters clothes off took pictures of her and then left ...we have not heard from them again but I think it is crazy that a doctor can call because an xray looks like a fracture I mean if it was i would not blame them for calling but the hospital would have called them when they confirmed it. she had no right. just because i am a young mother i guess ...well I am a fine mother and know it and would never do anything to harm my children and if something like that ever happens again I know my rights now and will envoke them!!!
    Anonymous

• anonymous 3:32pm start keeping a journal of everything.. if you talk to anyone tape record the conversation..
    Know you rights: http://www.scribd.com/doc/2302255/DCFS-and-Your-Rights
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 3:42 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• A doctor is REQUIRED to call in cases of SUSPICIONS of child abuse; as are teachers (day care, preschool, etc), dentists, clergy, social workers, counselors, etc It is not out jobs to determine if abuse has occured, it is our job to report cases that are suspicious in nature. It is CPS's job to investigate and determine if abuse has occured. Not all social workers just take kids away for no reason, all the social workers I know try to keep families together because that is usually the best situation. As a preschool teacher and future social worker, I am mandated to report suspicions of abuse and if I don't I can lose my job, my licenses and be jailed for failure to do so (IF abuse was occuring and I did nothing--same for medical professionals.) Know who and what is legally mandate to report and you may change your attitudes. It is NOT easy having to report a parent for child abuse.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:24 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• tyfry7496-Personally this doctor should loose her job because i think most doctors should be able to tell the difference in a fracture or a blood vessel.
    Anonymous