Does it look bad?

Now my dh and I have called children services several time on my sds bm. The child is old to say hat is going on but is very fearful of her mother. Now we do not have custody yet but the child is suppose to be in therapy. Recently my dh and myelf have gotten involved in the therapy sessions. The theapist says my sd will not talk with bm with her and was hoping for sessions with my dh and sd together to see if their would be a breakthrough. The bm will not bring child back to therapy although they have shared legal custody an she cannot do that witout talking ti him. Now doesnt look like she is hiding something? I mean the minute the child might say whats going on she pulls her out? We are taking her back in on our time unless the bm trie to get a court order to stop it. I mean how long cn you abuse a child before tey open up? She had to figure this was coming. Just checking to see if anyone else thinks the bm is hiding thing

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:38 PM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• She probably is hiding something,if she wasn't she would keep on taking her to the sessions. I would try to get custody of her if I were you.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 2:41 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• it does sound kinda shady. unfortunately most kids wont speak up when they are abused. this may be a diff situation. i wish i could give u more advice, but i kno from other instances where the mother keeps all kind of custody even in the worst conditions. i hope you get everything figured out
    Anonymous

• Shared legal custody doesn't really mean much. Why not ask for full physical custody and get the child out of the situation?

Answer by admckenzie at 3:08 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• we are trying for full custody. therapy was what children services recommended until custody could be determined
    Anonymous

• some children wont open up at all, especially when there dear mother tells them to keep quiet.. i would take her as often as you can and only allow the mom to see her on the court schedule which hopefully is not much ,,
    Anonymous