Question about getting tubes tied...

When you get your tubes tied do you still get your period? I have been thinking about having it done..But as you can see i really know nothing about it..

What can you tell me?

ryanlynn

Asked by ryanlynn at 2:54 PM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Health

• A friend of mine has had her tubes tied. She still gets her period but she says they are lighter than they used to be.
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 3:00 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Yes you still have your period. I had mine tied 8 years ago. It really doesn't change anything physically. They tie off your tubes preventing the egg from making it to your uterus. It's a simple procedure. I went in at 6am was home after lunch, but I was also getting my gall bladder removed at t eh same time, most people are out quicker than that. You'll have 3 little scars. That's about it.
    jenlenr

Answer by jenlenr at 3:02 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Hi I had my tubes tied during my last csection 17 years ago. It didn't lengthen my hospital stay and didn't add to my section discomfort. My periods weren't any lighter. I just refused to get hubby's written permission but my ob tied me anyway. Don't know how the permission thing is now 17 years later.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 3:12 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Well I plan on having another child and I will be having a c section..So they will just do it then..But I just wanted to ask lol

Thank you :D
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 3:14 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• i am glad you asked this question because i am thinking about getting mine tied after this birth but I would be giving birth naturally probably cuz the ob has not said anything about a c section but who knows time will tell lol
    Anonymous

• It made my cramps worse.
    Anonymous

• I had my tubes tied and I still get a period it's worse than it used to be the cramps are worse I the bleedign is alot heavier but this is just me it's probably not that way for everyone
    mom2ryneandsam

Answer by mom2ryneandsam at 6:10 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I got mine tied almost 4 years ago. Yes, I still get my period. My periods were never really heavy to begin with, so they are still not too bad. My cramps are worse since they're not regulated by b/c pills, but not unbearable. I did not have it done in conjunction with birth. I went in separately for just that. It was an outpatient procedure. I went in in the morning, had it done, and went home late that afternoon. The doctor gave me something good, Vicodin I think, and I slept until late the next morning. I was a little sore after, but resumed my normal activities within a few days. (and kept the extra Vicodin for later :D ) Now, I have a cute scar by my belly button.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:39 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Oh, a note about huband's permission. The first doctor I asked wouldn't do it without his permission. I found a new doctor who would do it without his permission. He was all for it, but I wanted a doctor who didn't care.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:40 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• my period is much more regular after having my tubes tied.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:38 PM on Jan. 10, 2010