Hair dye question????

I dyed my hair on Friday. It didnt come out as blonde as I wanted it to. Would it be okay to redo it a lighter shade today?

t_06_twins

Asked by t_06_twins at 3:43 PM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I have done it. Just make sure its the same brand. Get shampoo that won't fade the color that will aid in strengthing and preventing split ends(its out there because v05 has it). If you are not worried bout breakage; clairol herbal essance has a bleach blonde line that works on even dark brown/almost black hair(but you have to touch up 2-4 wks depending on how dark it is.). I have been dying my hair for 11yrs now, and evn when I thought I wold damage it, its been fine. Plus with all the better, healthier ingredients they're adding now damage is less likely.
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 3:49 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I wouldn't do it that soon but if you do, condition it well and don't keep it on really long. I had my hair fall out one time over doing two processes like that too close together. Other times I have had my hair feel like straw so just condition well.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:49 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• First I'd use a protien reconstructor..I use joico...condition the hell out of it for a couple days, ( I sleep in conditoner for a couple nights before highlighting mine) bleaching hair is very damaging, you don't want it to get all dry & nasty.
    Anonymous

• If you plan on coloring your hair with hair color it wont lighten it anymore. Color wont lift color. You will have to use bleach. Bleach is very damaging.
    Anonymous

• You need to wait at least two weeks between each time you dye, bleach, or perm hair.

You can easily fry your hair if you don't do this. Bleach is extremely harsh to your hair. I'd also suggest doing a deep conditioning and hot oil treatment at least twice before you process your hair anymore.

I've dyed my hair for about 14 years now, and it only takes one mishap to ruin your hair.
    Itsonono

Answer by Itsonono at 8:31 PM on Jan. 10, 2010