Vacation?

My husband and I want to take a vaction before he leaves to go to Afganistan. We would like to go in June he leaves in August... We dont know where to go though.... We dont really want to spend more than 2000.00.... to book the trip.... We were thinking a cruiseut Im but were not sure about it.... Then we said cancun but we arent sure.... Cancun is pretty expensive..... We Live in NC and we didnt really get to have a honey moon because I was pregnant and we are young so we want to go somewhere we can have fun! Any help would be nice! Thanks everyone!

heatherjenea

Asked by heatherjenea at 3:50 PM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Travel

• the cruise to alaska is realllly beautifull!! especially around june-july. and theyre nice because everythings free (except alcohol) theres sooo many activites on deck, and ya dont have to worry about anything, all you gotta do is relax and have fun!!

another thing i was gonna say is mexico..(like you said..lol) there are always amazing deal to go to mexico, all inclusive. my brother and sis in law are headed there in a few weeks, and they are staying for a week, all inclusive, and they paid about $1600 for the 2 of them (flight and all inclusive hotel)..im not sure what part theyre going to (but hey've ben there before), but, im pretty sure different parts cost different amounts. good luck...happy hunting!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:57 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• My suggestion is San Juan, P.R. YOu can find good prices at travelocity.com. The trip I arranged for Spring Break for flight and hotel cost $1700. San Juan is 80 degrees year round and simply beautiful, plus you don't have to have a passport or visa, as it is our territory.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 4:00 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Chicago is really fun. You don't need a car to get around. There are so many things to do, lots of them are free.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:02 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I really recommend going here: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g499445-d503104-Reviews-Gran_Bahia_Principe_Tulum-Akumal_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

It's all-inclusive, and beautiful.  We had a really wonderful trip there.

JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:21 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• You should be able to get screaming deals to Cancun. Really. Check. Cheapcaribbean.com or just google resorts down there and package it yourself. I'd avoid an allinclusive as I believe it will exceed your price range. Florida is a good place too and I agree with P. Rico. Last of all, continental flys to Freeport, Bahamas and Our Lucaya is a nice resort. You get the island idea without the huge cost of other Bahamain Islands.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:43 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• cruise!!!! There are some military specials!!!! 2000$ will get you a great deal!! If you do Carribean. maybe look into Europe? The airfare to Alaska will kill you and the cruises there are high in june.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 10:52 PM on Jan. 11, 2010