Are we wrong in this?

So me and my SO are 20 and 21. Our neighbor, who we like took under our wing and tried to help him out when he was getting into trouble and into drugs and stuff, who is 17 and his dad's a cop, well he was getting locked up, so he let my hubby borrow his Playstation3 while he was gone. While we had it...it crapped out on us...in the middle of him playing it...it just like died. We calls Sony and they explained that we did nothing to cause this...we did a whole bunch of research and found out it is something that happens to that particular model after a certain amount of time, after the warranty is up, so you would have to pay to get it fixed. Hubby wanted to keep using it...so he paid the $158 to get it fixed. Well our neighbor came home after being gone for over 6 months...and said he didn't care that we still had it, that he never has time to use it anyway. Well his mom came to my house today and demanded it back. She was

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:59 PM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• all like "oh, I bought Kyle over $100 worth of games to play on his playstation and I want it back." Mind you, Kyle paid for this playstation with his own money, his parents did not buy it for him. So my hubby was at work when she came to the house, so I didn't know what to do...so I called him and he talked to her on the phone and she was extremely rude. He told her how he would like some if not all of the money that we paid to have that fixed, and she said we broke it! I am so mad! Do you think they should have to pay for this? And Kyle has our DVD player as well...because he wanted something to watch movies on while we had his playstation. What do you think about the situation??
    Anonymous

• I'd tell her to go screw herself LOL
    if the boy doesn't mind, then don't worry about it
    Anonymous

• if you borrow something from someone and it breaks in your care then yes I would expect you to pay for the repairs and return it in the condition that it came to you in.
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:01 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• You'll never be able to prove it wasn't your fault it was broken,so I'd just bite the bullet on this one.Just go over and get your DVD player back and let it go.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 4:01 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Talk to Kyle about this and see what he wants to do about it. If he wants it back, make sure you get your DVD player back as well.
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 4:02 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• that's not what was asked peanuts. the guy that loaned it to them doesn't care that they still have it, his mom is the one that has the problem with it.
    Anonymous

• Call it a loss and a lesson learned. Give back the playstation and get the dvd player and don't loan or borrow things again. The item broke in your care, you paid to have it fixed, she doesn't owe you anything.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 4:02 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I understand the situation, but you are dealing with a minor, so if mom wanted she could report it stolen from her son....
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:04 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I think I would tell her she could have the playstation when she gave me my $158.
    Anonymous

• The boy is 17, therefore his parents have every right in knocking on your door and wanting his items any time they feel like it. You have an item from a minor, that is the point. It broke while it was in your care, therefore, you should of paid for the repair. If you want one of your own, then buy one!
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 4:06 PM on Jan. 10, 2010