yes....a breast feeding vs formula feeding question

If you could have breast fed, would you have?
My friends stopped breast feeding after about 2 days because they didnt feel like doing it anymore...

me personally, im still breast feeding after almost 9 months and i work too...most of the time i hear people saying "i dont have time to breastfeed"

well then...you dont have time to formula feed either...

whats your story if your forumla feeding???

(also, i know some of you cant breast feed because of lack of milk....and some of you may have lost your milk supply...but are some of you formula feeding because you didnt feel like BF?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:05 PM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• And I thought it would be back NEXT week. I knew it wouldn't take long. These questions are asked so you can justify your reasons for BF and bash others for FF. It's none of your business why people choose to BF or FF.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 4:09 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I bf until they went to dc, unless I wasn't on meds that bf can't to be done while on. I enjoyed the bf, the bond it encouraged, the health benefits, etc. The only time I found formula handy for was outings! JMO and experience!!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 4:10 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I worked full time and breastfed until my daughter self-weaned at 23 months.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:12 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Where should I mail your medal to? Of course you derserve a medal, right?!
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 4:14 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• It's a personal choice to BF or FF and the reasoning for it really isn't any of your business... who gives a crap if someone doesn't feel like doing it anymore... that's their choice. Doesn't make them a bad person and doesn't make you a better person cause you still do. As long as baby is healthy, that is all that really matters.
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 4:14 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• two of my kids I breastfed til table foods and continued bf a while past that and my third baby I brf and formula cause her weight wasn't doing good on only brf. So we formula and brf for over a year too. Formula kept me tied down to cart it around and pack it but I bought the small bottles of already prepared formula and kept a wide mouth thermos of hot water to sit it in while out anywhere.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 4:16 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I formula feed, and I dont give a damn what anyone thinks or has to say about it. Formula feeding doesn't make me, or anyone else a bad mother. Everyone needs to get over themselves....you're a breast feeding mom...why do you care to know why others formula feed?
    michellelee3708

Answer by michellelee3708 at 4:16 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Virtually all women can breastfeed. The estimate is 98%. That is World Health Organization estimates and includes women that are starving in Africa and women living in war zones. It's amazing that those women can breastfeed and their children thrive and US well fed women don't have enough milk.

It's also amazing that the 2% of women that don't have enough milk are the ones that often respond to questions like this. The vast majority of women can make enough milk for twins, that's why there are 2 of them. US women just think they don't have enough milk or it sounds like a good excuse. Doctors and nurses aren't trained to help women breastfeed.

Women are misinformed and believe that while breast is best, formula is just is good. They aren't told formula lacks at least 400 things that breastmilk has and not breastfeeding has lifelong health consequences for mother and baby.

Congrats on working and breastfeeding!

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:20 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Never head of anyone going to JAIL for feeding their child formula. Must not be illegal then?
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 4:24 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• "Where should I mail your medal to? Of course you derserve a medal, right?! "

What is interesting is how some women are so fascinated with what other women do with their boobs. Btw, what would this medal look like? lmao

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 4:26 PM on Jan. 10, 2010