very frustrated

My children are out of control. Both are special needs, one has severe autism and the other was diagnosed with mild autism. I was actually napping today, and when I woke up my place was completely trashed. I even found katsup all over my carpet. I have a big two door closet in the dining room and everything was thrown out of there. Basically my place looked like someone had broken in and destroyed the place. I am at my whits end, any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:05 PM on Jan. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• how old are your children? Are they typically responsible enough to be in the house unsupervised while you nap? What kind of support services are you getting for them?
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:07 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• See if you can get respite services or day care specialty care with them. I'd keep everything of value and a safety issue locked in a room that they can't get into. Put locks on your closets. Use heavy duty plastic plates (dishwasher safe) dull knives, lock up sharp items knives and scissors.

Call a family services agency through united way - they can probably suggest some.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 4:12 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Um, don't nap when your kids are awake, obviously it is dangerous, and if something happened you would be charged with child endangerment.
    Anonymous