what do u freeze???

i tried freezing bread...but it tastes funny when it thaws, i freeze the normal meats and what nots...so i would like to hear what do u freeze? cheese? milk? yogert? anything what so ever...this is for fun and also to give me some ideas...lol...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:35 PM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Meat, all kinds. Lasagna, I make to much and freeze half of it for a different dinner. Vegetables that where already frozen when I bought them. Cigarettes, my DH smokes, he says they stay fresher.

Answer by louise2 at 4:40 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Meats, of course. I buy a lot of milk at one time because we go through a lot of it, so whatever can't fit in the fridge goes in the freezer. I also freeze bread that is unopened. I have never had a problem with it tasting funny. I take it out of the freezer and put it in the fridge to thaw. I think the slow thawing might help, versus the bread getting mushy etc I just started freezing my bread in the middle of last year and keeping opened ones in the fridge. I have found that it has made our bread stay fresh and last longer!
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 4:55 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• besides the obvious of meats, ice cream, french fries and all freezer items...yeah i do freeze bread too but i dont taste the difference. yes, cheese too
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 5:04 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Anything...almost! I don't buy chips unless they are on sale and then a buy a few bags and put them in the freezer. They stay nice and fresh.

I do a lot of shopping at a restaurant supply store here because it is much less expensive. You just have to buy in bulk. I recently bought 10 lb of shredded cheese for just $14.99.

I cook beans..red, white and black 5 lbs at a time and divide them up and freeze them. I also make triple batches of cookie dough when I make cookies and I put some in the freezer. It's easy to take out and bake. Ditto for the "crisp" topping I use for apple/blueberry/cherry/peach crisps.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 5:13 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• It's just DH and I at home now so I freeze all kinds of leftovers.
    Anonymous

• I keep a big plastic container and I add leftovers to it. You know the last 2 spoons of peas or corn or green beans or the scoop of mashed potatoes. I even toss in rice or mac and cheese. When the container is full I thaw it, add some additional ingredients and I have a stew. My mama did this and we kids called it Ewwww Stew because it looked gross when she dumped it out and it started to thaw. Boy was it good though! It still is.
    Anonymous