airplane help

me and my son are going on a very long plane ride he is almost 24 mon any advise on ear poppin and any thing else that can help please

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:45 PM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• we have 3 kids and have traveled cross contry 1-2 times a year since they were born (now teenagers)

I agree to bring your own sippy cup.

I would also suggests (though this could start a heated debate) that you consider one dose of cough syrup prior to take off.... that way he will sleep most of the way.

I have also hit the dollar store and bought little toys. I would bring them out one at a time as a little surprise.

Get to the airport VERY early so he has time to run around and get some energy out. Let him explore and dont freak out if he get on that discustingly dirty airplane floor. Let him explore the bathroom (as long as there is no line)... it take up time.

And make sure to get on that plane with a good attitude. Kids will be kids and dont let ANYones dirty look bother you.
    Anonymous

• a sippy cup with the spill proof valve that they have to suck harder to get the drink out.
    you will have to leave it empty until going through security then buy a drink to put in it.

also if you trust him the chew gum, bring some of that too.
    Anonymous

• you don't have to leave the cup empty. they just check it to make sure it good
    Anonymous

• anon@:49 they made me empty mine, I guess it depends on the airport. The one we left home from didn't care, but when leaving to come home, that one cared.
    Anonymous

• I've traveled about 4 times and never had to empty it. They just do a scan of it. I guess they see I have a baby and know better then to have me dump it out. If you can find a portable dvd player and get a dvd that your shild likes. It kept my DD busy last time. but she does really well on the plane, better then I do.
    Anonymous

• I just flew with my 2 year old... I used her sippy which was diluted apple juice. When I went through security they had me open it, then they tested it with some kind of stip. They let me keep her juice in there. Also, if they don't you can get some at the stands around the gates! Just ask him to drink it while taking off and landing... it doesn't have to be continuous drinking just a few sips here and there! As long as he swollows! The thing I found the hardest was keeping my dd occupied just for 3.5 hours! We brought a carry on with pretty much just toys in it! I also made sure she was awake 4 hours before the flight and she ended up taking a nap for me. They offered drinks on our flight and I just asked for apple juice and poured it into her cup for later! GL!!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 7:29 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• What saved us on a plane ride was a cup of ice. She'd get bored with it, then bring it back out, get more ice. Sucked on the ice, licked it, shook the cup, stuck her hand in there, no crying the whole plane ride.
    soflashelley

Answer by soflashelley at 9:40 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• have something he can chew on....
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 10:30 PM on Jan. 10, 2010