The Devil, they say, has all the best tunes. Until now he has also had the video games market sewn up.

This is mostly for Christian moms with kids old enough to play the games. Do you let your kids play the more demonic and sexually explicit ones? How do you deal with their friends who play them and try and get them into it?

I was reading an article about it online. "Alex Navarro, associate editor of online magazine GameSpot, said Christian games - like Christian rock music - were not likely to have the edgy thrills of their "full fat" counterparts." This shows that even the game "experts" only promote the ones they feel are thrilling, and that push boundaries. Even when I try and control what he does, he can just go to a friends house whose parents are okay with anything.

Article:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4534835.stm

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:46 PM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I do not like to buy those games for my kids but my husband does not care. Soooo its like one of those battles we have in this house.
    Many of those games you speak of are not of God that is for sure. Demons are everywhere ... in music, movies, tv and video games as well as books.

This is what I was talking about regarding Christians sitting on the fence. Thats all I will say.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:10 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Anonymous

• Even if I wasnt a Christian I wouldnt let my kids play most of these games out today. They are not good games at all. THe worst game that is in our house is Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 It is my husbands.

Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:56 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Luckily my kids are still into the younger kids games but each year it gets harder. Its not that I'm against the games but they are so graphic that its hard for me to look at them so I'm not comfortable with my kids playing these games.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 4:57 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• my kids are still young too, but what i have seen is the more you restrict some things, the more the children seem to gravitate toward them. Parenting is hard, no doubt..but being the main influence on your children has a greater impact on their character than playing some video games and listening to music. Just my opinion.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:45 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Demonic games? Are you serious? I think kids waste too much time playing games but I am not afraid the Devil is coming for them. Wow....
    Anonymous

• I agree with the above comment. I'm a pretty devout catholic and I don't believe that the devil has anything to do with video games, music, so on and so forth. My husband plays Call of Duty as well, and I feel that it is FAR too graphic for children to be playing. In fact, most of the games are not appropriate except the ones that you can get for Nintendo DS. I'm a third grade teacher and my students ALL have or at least have played Nintendo DS and the games are much more age appropriate. So in closing, if your children would like to play games, use your best judgement, and make sure they are at least educational.
    mire621

Answer by mire621 at 6:12 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Sorry, but even if I were Christian, I would not believe demons are in the video games.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 6:33 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Even if I was a Christian, it wouldn't matter to me. I was playing Doom when I was six years old, and I'm not a crazy demonic serial killer. (AS FAR AS YOU KNOW, MUAHAHAHAHAAHAAAAAAA)
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:31 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• OMG!!! I hate when people blame video games on kids violence. Try teaching your kids good morals FIRST before getting mad at the video games for your kids behavior. YOU are your kids prime example of what you follow. If you don't teach your kids right from wrong from the beginning you don't have anyone to blame later in life but yourself if your kid commits acts of violence later in life. As for the video games.. if you don't want your kid playing games with "sex" involved in them.. perhaps first try teaching your kids about sex and why it is right or wrong for there age. If you don't want them playing games of violence.. make sure to introduce games that don't have them FIRST.. like Wii fitness or bowling. If they want to play a game with a little war scenerio, perhaps rather than saying the "devil made them do it" you should first see if perhaps they are doing it because someone they admire was in a war.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:36 PM on Jan. 10, 2010