What can I do when my child keeps swearing, I've tried time outs and even hot sauce, nothing seems to work

mslpn82

Asked by mslpn82 at 4:53 PM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Stop swearing yourself? Don't watch shows or movies that there is swearing on? Your child is hearing it from someone or somewhere and thinks it's ok to swear. Take that out of the picture and they will stop.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:04 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• It should start by you and other adults around him to stop swearing. Children learn by example ya know!!
    Anonymous

• well they learn it from sonehwere and if he always hears it he won't stop.My kids have never said a swear word because I don't cuss so work on the potty mouth in his life then he will stop.
    Anonymous