unknown caller

any one know how i can set my phone to not accept unknown callers? i think it was a * something number???

youngandafraid

Asked by youngandafraid at 4:55 PM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• IDK if you can block "unknown" but you can block blocked numbers. *60

http://www.privacyrights.org/fs/fs3-hrs2.htm#10

Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:59 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• in my area its star sixty seven oh no that's to block my number from showing on someone's id. You can definitely actually have a recording through at least verizon that send uknowns and specific numbers to a recording that rings a specific ring on your end for you to hear their voice and name or company name for you the receiver, to decide to accept or decline call.

That costs monthly I don't remember how much.

Also I think separately but also through verizon you can have a simple recording that says to the caller caller you blocked your number from my id machine. If you unblock it you can get through if you do not unblock your number you will not get through.

Try googling verizon.com and going through their features and see what they have. The verizon I'm talking about is residential verizon.

Lots of bill collectors block their numbers now plus a lot of sales people block their numbers. If I answer a phone number ...
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 5:07 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• lfl here ..... If I answer a phone number I don't recognize I answer the phone and I am abrupt and unfriendly. They id themselves to my satisfaction in detail or they're hung up on. As many times as they call if I want to answer I say the same thing the same way. I don't give identifying information to them, they id to me. I dont negotiate unknown calls.

Lots of times I'll turn my phone on to an unknown and stick it in the fridge or freezer for a while. Let'em talk til hell freezes over.

Oh the do not call registry at least in one state does not apply to associate companies of specific companies you've done business with. Call the no call registry for your state and even u s government and see what they say.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 5:11 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• i have att and I go online and block numbers that I don't want calling me. Other than that I would recommend calling your carrier.....many times if you get repetetive phone calls they will switch your phone line for no fee because you are being harrassed. I've had this happen before.
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 10:27 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• omg I was reading this and just have to laugh at putting the phone in the freezer/fridge....too funny! I've been there...but just for someone I got tired of listening to lol
    AWomansMind

Answer by AWomansMind at 11:07 PM on Jan. 10, 2010