How do you make your tater tot casserole?

please share your recipe

QandA

Asked by QandA at 5:03 PM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Food & Drink

• 1st mix your cooked 1 lb of hamburger meat (with your choice of spices) with one can of cream of mushroom. Put one layer of tator tots in the bottom of your caserol dish. Then layer your hamburger meat mixture ontop of that. Next add another layer of tator tots and then shreaded cheese. Cook at the recommened temp. on the tator bag for approx. 30-35 mins. My family likes to put ketchup on ours. Yum Yum.
    AProsser

Answer by AProsser at 5:55 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I cook 2lbs hamburger with onions. Drain it. Then I stir in 3 cans of green beans (or 4 if the cans aren't packed full) and 2 small cans of cream of celery soup. I pour that in a greased 9x13. Sometimes I'll pour on 8oz of finely shredded cheese at this point, but not usually. I then pour on 2-2.5 lbs of tater tots. I bake at 400 degrees for about 90 minutes.
    Anonymous

• this link has quite a few recipes

http://www.cooks.com/rec/search/0,1-0,tater_tot_casserole,FF.html
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 5:27 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Brown and drain ground beef. Add cream of mushroom soup, green beans and shredded cheese. Stir, Put in a greased casserloe dish. Top with tater tots and shredded cheese. Bake accourding to tater tot package.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:29 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• i just brown the hamburger. add a cap full of mrs. dash then mix hb meat and 1 of the family size cans of cream of mushroom soup... add mix veggies or what ever kind of veggies that you like. then cover with tater tots and bake until the tots are a nice golden brown then i put slice cheese all over that and just bake until the cheese it melted. thats one of my hubbys favorites

twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 5:43 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• LOL - I just recently even heard of this... I wouldnt make one. It sounds soooo unhealthy. Im sure it is delicious though.

But I dont think i could bring myself to serve it to my family. 

Anonymous

• Brown 1 lb. ground turkey. Put in a casserole dish and season with a bit of pepper. Add 2 15 oz. cans green beans, drained. Spread 1 can cream of mushroom soup over the top and then 1/2 bag of tator tots. NO CHEESE. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

There are never any leftovers at our house.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 6:41 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• They call me tater salad....
    Anonymous

• They call me tater salad....

I love Ron White!

Anyways, my mom browns ground beef n the stove and bakes the tater tots in the oven. She then puts them in a slow cooker with cream of mushroom soup and corn. Lets it all warm up and serves.
    Javi05Eli07

Answer by Javi05Eli07 at 7:27 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• OMG.. That sounds so unhealthy and nasty. I steaming plile of sodium, nutrient deficient, high fat slop. *GAG*
    Anonymous