I know people are trying to be unique and most of the time ya it really does not bother me but sometimes do you wonder about a person’s education when...

They spell words on purpose? Why is this cool? I am not talking about simple type errors but I mean full blown miss spelling it.
IE
“KAN” – can
“DA” – the
“MA” – my
ECT
I just don’t get the fade of doing these things on purpose.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:05 PM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It's funny that you ask this. It doesn't bother me on Cafemom, because how people type doesn't have any effect on my life whatsoever. However, I just finished chatting with my sister on Facebook and she does this! It drives me crazy! She is in sixth grade and should be practicing her grammar, not altering it IMO. I don't know her very well, I've only seen her a few times in my life, but I had to ask her what grade she was in again because of all the nonsense. I had a hard time interpreting what she was saying. I don't know if the school systems are going to crap or if sounding stupid is supposed to be cool, but when a sixth grader is doing this, it makes you wonder the kind of influences that our future generations will have.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 6:55 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• You will never get a real answer for that and I find that even someone education might do it for fun when typing . But miss spelling words like that on purpose I don't think the level of education has to do with it always
    waitin4u

Answer by waitin4u at 5:09 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Oh my goodness! It drives me CRAZY!!!
    I work for kgb_... a text answering service. You would NOT believe how people spell and their lack of grammar! I truly think that grammar isn't taught in schools anymore like it was when I was in school. It makes me think 'no class'.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 5:09 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• it just adds character to typing. its almost a form of punctuation.
    Anonymous

• hmmm...i dont know...i read the sentence and i know what they are saying when purposely done but i also wonder if its the new thing that i havent caught onto??

also try and help me figure this one out...when texting, why cant people spell out "i love you" but it seems easier to do it like "i luv u"...its like there's no meaning and feeling when doing it that way. its so simple no matter how you do it.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 5:09 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I think the person is uneducated, stupid, or both. Most of the time I just move on to another question. I feel like the person is probably too stupid to understand common sense when they read it so why bother. If that makes me sound like a snotty bitch, then so be it. There's nothing I hate more than stupid people.
    Anonymous

• Sorry, it doesn't add character and is not a form of punctuation. It is ignorant and irritating. Just spell things correctly. How hard is it?
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 5:12 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• If they use it all the time it does get annoying. It's on the rare occasion from someone you least expect is when it's funny.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 5:13 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Ihaven't seen that anywhere.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 5:16 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• It's a lot harder for some than you think . I work at a bank and it's an eye opener to see how many people can't follow directions and fill out a form becuase they can't read it . And if that's the case then you can't it spell either.
    waitin4u

Answer by waitin4u at 5:17 PM on Jan. 10, 2010