How do you all feel about planting the placenta with a tree after childbirth?

mommydamsel

Asked by mommydamsel at 5:36 PM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I don't see a problem with that! I know of shampoos made out of placenta!!! It has some nutrient benefits! So planting it with a tree would promote healthy growth and to me a thank you for a healthy full term pregnancy. Go for it!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 5:41 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Nice idea. Better than eating it for dinner.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:37 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I personally did not and would not do that... ever. I think it is gross and would not want to see it, look at it or handle it in any way.

JMO
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 5:38 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Better than eating it, yes, I agree but I guess I don't see the point? We don't cap our urine or periods and plant them with trees. Not to be mean, I just don't understand it.
    Anonymous

• We plan to. We're just trying to figure out what kind of tree.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 5:38 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I wouldnt do it... but I like the idea of planting a tree.

I also would never eat it... but I am curious what it taste like.
    (sorry I know that is very gross)
    Anonymous

• ecodani.... depends on where you plan on planing it. If it is in your own yard then do what looks best with your landscaping. But if it is on public land you will need a permit and you will have to get permission to plan the placenta.
    Anonymous

• ecodani - also make sure it is deep enough so that wild animals dont try to dig it up and eat it.
    Anonymous

• yeah I think its great! I still have to bury my son's placenta, and that was a year and a half ago! I was going to plant mine by our lemon tree :)
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 5:51 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Anon-- Of course it's my yard. Do people actually plant trees to commemorate major family events at the park rouge style in the night? I can just imagine newly weds and such sneak-digging holes to plant oaks in front of city hall... No! Who would pay for an expensive tree and plant it on public property where it would get torn out the next day?

I am a little concerned about it causing root-rot because it'll be so fresh. I discussed with DH if maybe we should put it in the compost then transfer the compost to the tree when we plant.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 5:54 PM on Jan. 10, 2010