Is this funny?

How many of you think a child almost choking to death is funny? What would you say to someone that thought it was funny?

legalmommy101

Asked by legalmommy101 at 5:38 PM on Jan. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• no. it lacks humor... but if it were my ex, that's another story.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:39 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Seriously, what kind of question is this???
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 5:40 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• what kind of question is that? of course I don't think that is funny and I would litterly kill somene that thought something like that was funny
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 5:42 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• We (9 people) were at a restaurant and my daughter choked on a mozzarella stick. By the time I was up and around the table to help she had put most of her hand in her own mouth and pulled it out. Scared the HELL out of us. However, once we all knew she was ok there was a lot of laughter.... the sight of her doing what she did WAS rather funny. Plus I think that many people have a nervous giggle.

Had it been something where she in fact ended up unconscious, Im sure there would have been no laughing.

Anonymous

• Usually this kind of thing falls under the heading of "inappropriate emotional response". Most people who giggle/laugh really don't mean it. They just don't know what to do with the adrenaline, so they laugh.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:44 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• "Seriously, what kind of question is this??? "

Apparently a good one since it was brought to my attention that a fellow cafemom user thinks a child almost choking to death is funny. Just wondering if others think it's funny as well. I didn't think it was funny nor would I ever think it's funny.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 5:50 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• hell NO!!!!!
    i got a huge chokin . ..fear. always have. .its disgustinng to think people would think its funny.
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 5:56 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• wtf? who thinks that is funny?
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 7:04 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I would not think it is funny but depending on the out come if it was funny later like (Glad she is ok ) and you kind of laugh it off...I am glad she was fine.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 8:04 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Oh my....more Drama. @@ Nobody thinks a child choking is funny. ARe you making this stuff up? Give it up and chill. Nuts.
    Anonymous