Another bday party question

I'm wanting to do a Chuck E Cheese party for my soon to be four year old, but I don't want to shell out that much cash. I was thinking about meeting at Chuck E Cheese and just providing tokens for all the kids, playing for about an hour and a half, then driving up to the house (20 minutes) and serving pizza and cake at the house. Does that sound ok? It would be a whole lot cheaper to get $5 pizzas and 2 liters of pop, but we could still have some of the Chuck E. Cheese experience. Doable?

Oh and it will be like 4 families, and we're all used to driving because everything is spaced out where we live..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:40 PM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• ask the families what they think, im sure in these times and them having children too they would be really understanding.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 5:42 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I think it is a bit much. And it will be VERY hard to get the kids out of chuck e cheese.
    I dont think I would opt for this idea.
    Anonymous

• OP here: We could also start at the house and then do Chuck E. Cheese.. but I probably will talk to the other girls and see what they think first.
    Anonymous

• Chuck E Cheese is SOOO expensive- I mean even the games...I would just have the party at home if it were me
    Anonymous

• OP: I actually have a coupon for 200 tokens for $25 and there will only be about 7 kids... so that's 28 games per kid for $25. I think it's the food and drinks or planned bday parties that add up.
    Anonymous

• Why would you go to Chuck E Cheese (a pizza place) and then say "Ok kids, we're going home to have pizza there?" If you don't want to spend money for pizza there, don't go.
    mama2conor

Answer by mama2conor at 6:09 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• If these people are pretty close to you and you don't mind asking them to come to your house and then head to Chuck E Cheese's, go right ahead, why not. Its not like you are asking 20 kids to come, but definitely do pizza and cake first at the house. And make a set time at CEC so it doesn't go on forever...say pizza and cake at the house 2-3 and fun and games at CEC from 3:30-4:30 on the invitation (or whatever times you think, just giving an example). People understand. OR you could do fun and games at CEC during an off meal time and just do a cake at CEC and skip the house and pizza all together?
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 6:24 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• You would have to explain ahead of time that it is not the full Chuck E. Cheese's experience. Personally, I would just skip the Chuck E. Cheese part. Their parties are lame anyway.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:47 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Chuck E Cheese is ghetto
    Anonymous

• We figured it out, we're just going to have a make your own party at home, make your own pizzas and decorate your own cupcake, and a craft to make and take home instead of a goody bag. Thanks for the opinions (most of you anyhow).
    Anonymous